PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Getting rid of my H3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default Getting rid of my H3?

OK people. Here is the situation. I'm tired of having things break on my H3 every other month when all I ever do is drive it on the street. The warranty and max mileage allowed on my lease is about to expire, and I'm tired of being locked in by it. Why we decided to do this, I don't know, but I have alot more to think about these days with owning a home, having a 1 income family, and wanting kids. Some things have to change.

That being said, we need a car both of us can drive as well. There are only TWO vehicles out there we both really love and mutually agree to owning and/or driving. This is the H2 and the Cadi CTS.

When I go back to the dealer tomorrow to get the H3 half-shaft fixed (again), I'm going to talk to one of their guys about trading it in, getting out of the lease, and see what they have. I can't really afford to get anything expensive seeing as I would have some negative equity in the truck, so I would be limited to seeing if they have or can find any used '03 H2's since A) they are cheaper and B) everybody that has a '03 seems to have no problems with them AND C) The H2's are ALL automatics. I am really tired of driving a stick after 16 years, and my wife doesn't reallyhave the patience for it.

We also really love the 'CTS. I keep hearing the '04s have something the other years don't, and don't remember exactly what that is. Something with the way VVT works. Anyway, I love the CTS as does my wife, and considering it would be significantly cheaper in repairs and cost compared to the H2, we might get one of those.

Now, I'm not saying I will never own another Hummer, because as part of this deal, I would be getting the H4 in 2 years or so, but right now, I'm tired of this thing always having problems. It's more of an annoyance then anything right now, but we can only afford one car, and right now, my wife can't drive it.

Help me see the light

Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Default RE: Getting rid of my H3?

IF I remember correctly, you have to major factors that would not be conducive to owning an H2:

a) Your 3 barely fit in the parking structure you use at work

b) Long commute / worse gas mileage / increased travel expenses

Seems like those were two topics you regularly mentioned in past posts.....Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Things have changed a bit:

a) Your 3 barely fit in the parking structure you use at work

I don't drive to work anymore. I take the train. AND, there are a couple of outdoor parking lots within walking distance if I do need to drive for some reason.

b) Long commute / worse gas mileage / increased travel expenses

Since I don't drive to work anymore, this isn't really a factor as much as it was before. Considering a CTS wouldn't be MUCH better in gas, this wouldn't be that big of an issue.

Also, I was thinking maybe moving to a automatic H3 but with the LUX package, and getting normal financing. Here's one I may look at tomorrow:

http://www.schepelhummer.com/used_ve...a880019d743411

Here's the CTS I'm looking at as well:

http://www.schepelcadillac.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=4662e9b94046387 200f65ce5c4bd95ad
[/align]

Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Two Scions with magnets?? One for each foot.

Dealer might be able to cut you a deal on an 07 H3 lease if they have any, inventory is heavy most places right now???? Course that ain't a Cadi/2.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Cool....Did'nt realize those two items had become non-issues for you.

I like the Hummer better than the Caddy....

Got any H2's lined up.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

I traded my xB in for the H3 so watch it buddy

I really detest leases right now lol. BUT, we'll see what happens. I want to see what my options are. I'm looking for a deal, which I may or may not be able to get. I am also trying to re-fi my house, so that may get in the way. It doesn't hurt to try. All I know is time is running out. I need to see if I even have options. I have two things that will work against me. One is I have a dent in the rear bumper, and two is the custom stuff I have done. Alot of that stuff isn't coming off no matter how hard you try. The electronics can be removed with no problem, but I think I probably blew my chances just with that.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Cool....Did'nt realize those two items had become non-issues for you.

I like the Hummer better than the Caddy....

Got any H2's lined up.
They don't have any H2's under 40 from the looks of it, but who knows.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM

If you have access to GMS / GMID I think there is still discounts on top of the 0% for 60 on 07's?

Good luck with everything, I would think an '03 H2 and an '07 H3 would be about the same but better interest on the '07?

Old 11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

[&:]

Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Get a Birch White 03.... then we can be cosmic soul mates..... and seriously... they are in the low 30's now.... very low 30's....

Quick Reply: Getting rid of my H3?