PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a new truck is the h3 the one

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Default Getting a new truck is the h3 the one

So as the title says im looking at buying a new truck right now i drive a 4dr colorado and its been amazing 3 deer and not a scrach, no motor problems or anything the only problem is its 2 wheel drive. So the trucks in the running are the 4dr jeep wrangler and the hummer h3 or another colorado. So any help would be great also some info on the adventure package.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:46 AM

Well, since you are on a Hummer forum, it would only be fitting to suggest the H3, or even an H3T. I formerly owned a Jeep Liberty and was very satisifed with it, however, since buying my '06 H3 in April, I have been ecstatic. It is a very solid platform and extremely stable. The seats (cloth) are very comfortable. I have heard that the leather seats are even more comfortable. The H3 can do everything the jeep can do, just better (a matter of opinion). If you want a serious 4WD right out of the box, the H3, or H3T, is it.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:31 AM

At the end of 2002 I bought a new GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4WD. I really liked that truck, it had just enough of a bed for me. I hauled more people around than I needed a truck, so it was perfect, and it went well in the snow. It had the 4.3 V6 and it sure liked to drink gas and it only had a small fuel tank, the crew always seemed to be on empty.It was time for another new vehicle and I never liked the style of the new Canyon or Colorado, I liked the little longer cab though, just the body looked funky to me.
I test drove an H3 and I was hooked. I have had it 10 months now and can't stop driving it. The four door Jeeps are nice and I think they are good looking, but you pay a lot of money and I don't see what you get. The Hummer base H3 is loaded with little features.
You get one with a sunroof and it seems the whole roof opens up.The H3 has to have the largest sunroof out there.

Test drive them all, read some of the stats and bottom line go where you get the best deal. I don't think you would hate any of the vehicles you mentioned.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:23 AM

Well we have both an H3 and a 4 dr Wrangler. And the answer as to which is the best depends entirely on what you like. Both are solid offroad. Both are slightly underpowered (unless you get an H3 Alpha). The H3 is much more comfortable on the road - much more - and quieter. The Wrangler rides stiff as a buckboard, but offers a lot of fun options for topless and doorless driving not to mention an amazing choice of aftermarket accessories that we Hummer owners can only dream of. Surprisingly we found we can put more "stuff" in the 4 dr Wrangler than in the H3.

Bottom line - what Chameleon said. Test drive them yourself and decide what you like. Neither one is a bad vehicle.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:35 AM

There's no way we can give you advice. You never mentioned what you are looking for in your next truck. Give us some details on what's important to you so we can give you some educated advice. If you're just looking for general information, Hummer's web site is pretty informative.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:47 AM

I was setting in the dentist office about a week ago for a reg. check up and picked up a 4WD magazine to look through. This one was featuring a 4wd Truck comparison article. They really put them through the paces and ran every kind of tests they could come up with. It was a very well done and written article that was several pages long. They said it was one of the closest comparisions they had done in a long time with the top four. I dont remember every truck they compared and how the whole list came out but I do remember the top four! The Hummer H3T was number 1, The Ford F-150 was number 2, The Nissian was 3, and the toyota was number 4... I looked at one of the H3T's at the dealership about a month ago when my H3 was getting a new sensor replaced under warranty. It was very nice, didn't drive it, but sure gave me the fever... If you have the choice. Go with the Hummer....

Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 PM

thanks for all the responses, bflank thanks for telling me the differences in the rides. That was the reason i was looking at the jeep was to take it apart. but ride is deff important. Chameleon thats what my truck is used for now taking ppl everywhere. the h3t is out of the question, what im looking for is somthing with a good ride that if i decide to take it off road i can run with a jeep, or out do it. I have drove both but really cant see what they will do around the house. its probl going to be used to pull a 4 wheeler out every once in a while. storage is important as well as a good 4x4. everyone around heres got jeeps and i kinda what to get something a lil different. what should i be looking for when i look at the hummer

Old 10-16-2009, 06:14 AM

Like I said, the H3 Base Model comes with quite a few little extras.Not as many little features as my Sonoma, like the H3 lacks the gauges the Sonoma had and a radio system that the Sonoma had, but it has a better ride, better gas mileage and more HP, but it does weigh more.
I drove the LUX model for three days as a loaner when my Sonoma had some work being done. To me the leather was comfortable, but not much more so than the cloth.

The base H3 gives you cloth seats and a mediocre radio/sound system. If you are looking at used, I would stay with late 2007 or 2008, or now 2009.
Late 2007 models changed the location of the power window buttons on the drivers door. There is increased HP and torque in the newer models also.
The base has power windows/locks/remote, and the list of standard features is long.As far as extras I have the side steps and the chrome door handles and gas lid. I really love the sunroof, yeah I know it doesn't compare to taking the roof and doors completely off.

I think the H3T would also work for you as there is still plenty of passenger room, in fact it is very generous it that respect.

Test drive them all and take your time making a decision, don't let the salesman talk you into anything you don't want or need.Every time the salesman called me to tell me I better hurry up and buy my Hummer, I demanded more money off.There are plenty to choose from.

Good luck.

Last edited by Chameleon; 10-16-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:59 AM

I had a Jeep Cherokke before the 3 and had close to 200k miles on her before she blew a head gasket. I got rid of her and got the 3 and I am impressed. I have driven the Wrangler and while I like the look of it, the feel is just a little off. It feels pretty rough during normal driving, where the 3 is very firm and solid on the road.

Colorado is nice to get the pickup area or you could just go with the 3T and get the pickup area as well. I haven't driven many Colorados, so I can't tell you my impression of them, but if it was the pick of the Jeep or the 3...I would pick the 3 any day.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:04 AM

yea its deff going to be a h3 i have drove them both and really like the h3, it drives alot like my colorado and all the things i didnt like about the colorado they have changed in the h3 so perfect now i just need to figgure out which model is best for me. I know for sure im not going to lift it i really dont like the feeling of getting beat up on straight roads.

Quick Reply: Getting a new truck is the h3 the one