PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting more power out of the H3

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Default Getting more power out of the H3

Without putting a turbo, has anyone had any luck adding to the takeoff speed of the H3? Once it's going it's no problem as you all know, but from a dead stop, it's pretty bad!

J

Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Getting more power out of the H3

air in....air out. intake, exhaust, PCMprogramming, header.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:33 PM

I was wondering when Dennis's patience was going to run out.
(I must admit he's been pretty good with the newbies so far)

Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 PM

My experience is that "take off speed" with H3 is good, add snow and iceandit becomes great!

Otherwise, check out the SS Trailblazer forums.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Wow, this thread is a wealth of helpful info.

jpress, you may have figured this out on your own by now, but if you go to the main forum page, and under the "Brand Reviews" list, look in either the "Intake, Headers, & Exhaust" and/or "PCM & Fuel Systems" sections. Scan through the threads there and you will find alot of good detailedinformation, unlike in this thread.

I too will be attempting to give a bit more pep to my H3, and it seems the most straightforward route (as with any vehicle really) w/o getting too involved, is the oldstep up for a better air filter/intake, exhaust, and perhaps a custom tune. Shouldn't break the bank and should make a sig difference.

I don't need mine to be wicked fast, I have other rides for that, but I wouldn't mind a little more juice.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:22 AM

unlike this thread? Listen greenshirt...exactly what would you like us to tell him? I'm thinking my advise was pretty sound......without tearing into the motor or adding turbos or blowers what I listed is the ony real power upgrades for the h3......sorry if my reply didn't meet your ten post standards

Old 05-11-2007, 12:31 PM

bwahahahahahaa ... damn Impy .. who pi$$ed in your wheaties this morning bro!?? Ohh well, whatcha gunna do when you got a 10 post wonder doggin' ya n the correct info ... I guess you could've added parts numbers, where to order from, pricing, install instructions, dyno sheets, and all that other good stuff to that post .. but then again ... any half wit knew what you ment Impy :-)

Old 05-11-2007, 12:35 PM

next time I'll scan the install instruction sheets , include detailed photos, and attempt to give him a cyber reach-around

Old 05-11-2007, 12:43 PM

LMAO! ... man, nothing like trying to be helpfulland get dogged for it doode ... had it not been for the search function being cranky right nowI would've suggested using it since you can dog the crap outa it with no response .. suits some folks better hehehehee

Old 05-11-2007, 03:37 PM

Oh, I get it. You guys are veterans here, and newbs are fair game. I am and have been a member of many car/truck/motorcycle forums and I know how it works. Pick on the newbs is a common theme. I'm sure you have a lot of fun with it. Go ahead and jab, my skin is thick.
To shed some light, I wasn'teven commenting onanyone's post specifically in terms of being unhelpful. Truth is, I actually would say that your post made the most sense, albiet in about as summarized a manner as possible.
I was just trying to help someone elsefind some more detailed info.
Guess I'll wait until I have a million or so posts under my belt before I think about doing that again.

Quick Reply: Getting more power out of the H3