PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI Warranty Stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Default FYI Warranty Stuff...

Took the H3 in for a few odd-ball things.

1) onstar speaker leaked water sometimes. very rare, but when it did it -- i got drenched. They said leaves were stuck in some drains in the sunroof, which was cyphening the water the wrong way? they clenaed it.
2) compass was stuck on "W". They replaced the whole rear-view mirror unit
3) brakes seem to be losing performance. They replaced my rear pads (not worn) for free b/c they said there were new "udpated" ceramic ones which mine didn't have.
4) left back speaker was having issues. I thought it was broke -- but it wasn't. they said it was loose and rubbing against stuff. So they "foamed" it in place, or something like that.

A+ job by hummer dealer though

Also, I replaced my air filter. I didnt realize it would have been so dirty! was $50 at discount auto parts.

Name:  IMG_0404.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  114.2 KB

Old 05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Default RE: FYI Warranty Stuff...

You may see a slight boost in performance with the K&N, I know I did.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to hear the dealer treated you right.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:14 AM

Glad to hear that they took care of you. I know what it feels like to have the sunroof drains clogged.[:@]

Old 05-26-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: KS Trekker

You may see a slight boost in performance with the K&N, I know I did.

SOOOO I got an 07 for a loaner and couldn't help to noitce it had MUCH MUCH more power than my 06. Is there any cheap & easy way to gain that 20 HP on mine?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM

I took mine in for some warranty work the other day and I am not pleased about the results. I needed to get the A-Pillar covers replaced because they did not match up to the new roof rails that they replaced a few months ago--Apparently the old design A-Pillars don't snap into the updated roof rails. (Why didn't they change them at the same time??) While it was going in I decided to have them look at the Sub-woofer in the back. It has been blown since I bought it. I also asked them if the can fix the button on the radio because it was chipped when I got it and the salesman said that it was a problem with all of the 2006's and it would be fixed under warranty. The service manager said that they don't fix the buttons, they just replace the whole radio. Cool....whatever they have to do. I did get a loaner H3--A 2008 with the smaller 265 tires, and it was considerably quicker than my 2006 with exhaust/K&N CAI/PCMforless tune. I get a call at 2pm the next day saying that they had finished everything. I thought that to be incredibly cool of them to do everything so fast. I get there after work and almost immediately see a nice scratch on the drivers fender and one on the "intake" cover by the windshield. I bring it up to the service manager and he asks if I am sure those were not there before because his guy, "has done this for over 12 years and is very good about letting him know if he damages anything." I tell him I am positive that they were not there before and I am sure that the tech did it while changing out the A Pillars. He said he would talk to a manager and get back with me the next day to see if they could get it covered. That was over 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from him. In the meantime I found a spot on the dash cover where the "experienced tech" slid a screwdriver or something behind the center vents to pry them out so he could get to the stereo. I think I am going to call the service manager tomorrow and "remind" him of the scratches and let him know about the dash.........

Sorry for the ramble.....I just pissed myself off.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Ouch - not a pleasant trip to the dealer!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:22 AM

Ya that really blows. The service all depends on the dealer it seems like... my wife has a Caddy CTS-V and the place we take that in to sucks.