PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fuel Door

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Default Fuel Door

My black powder coated fuel door finally showed up late last week. Now, with this said I have to admit the install instructions leave a bit to be desired. Has anyone installed one of these on an -03 H2!? If so, mind sharing the experience!? Instructions say to undo 3 bolts around the filler neck, then twist rubber surround counter clock wise. Well, this thing ain't movin' .. any disassembly info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys and merry christmas!

Old 12-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Default RE: Fuel Door

its not as bad as it sounds,after you have the three bolts out just push the fuel line backwards and it will pop out ofthe hole,then grab the whole plastic surround and twist,it should move a quarter turn and it will pop out to,it has little slots on the quarter panel,make sure you took the gas cap off before sorry missed that.then depending what cover you got just take the plastic surround and lay it on the back of your cover and put in all the screws around the edge and replace.hope some of this helps.steve

Old 12-26-2006, 01:08 AM

Doesn't look like the filler neck will push through. The metal ring around the filler itself would prevent it from getting through. I got the rest of the install covered, I just can't get the @#$!@#$ thing off the truck LOL!

Old 12-26-2006, 01:34 AM

Zyne..Howz about some close up pictures of what you're bitchin about[sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Old 12-26-2006, 03:09 AM

it should push through. take out the 3 screws and twist the bucket, it may be stuck from wax or crud, but it will come loose. the filler neck will pass through when you pull it out. once you take out the screws, push the filler neck around a bit, that may loosen up the bucket. then your door will bolt to the bucket. you may want to put black electrical tape on the back of the door frame to keep from scratching the paint.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:02 PM

Pictures would be nice but my camera and lenses are at the store for cleaning
I'm going to take off the inner wheel well this evening and see if I can twist it from the inside. I can't get a grip on the shroud from the outside ...

Old 12-26-2006, 06:41 PM

give the outer ring a spray of wd40 and leave for a couple of minutes,might loosen everything up.

Old 12-26-2006, 07:19 PM

I looked at the original one which my dealer removed to install my locking fuel compartment door/filler neckassembly, and it appears that the lip of the entire unit was also attached in four spots via 3M automotive tape. Maybe this might explain some of the difficulty you're experiencing with the removal of your OEM filler neck. Name:  4b2b921c.gif
Views: 67
Size:  275 Bytes

Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 PM

Yep, You're absolutely correct. 3M double sided tape and about 4 years worth of grime Ended up breakin' out the trusty floss and went to town .. Newfuel dooris needless to say installed, along with tail light guards and window vents from AVS.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1157/F17DCB84391944B8BCF810175FE71ED2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-27-2007, 11:09 AM

Just giveus a call when you can andask for one of theinstallers go over the install with you. These guys have installed hundreds of Hummer fuel doors, its easy for them. Make sure to tell them your from the Hummer Forums!

Toll Free 1-866-714-9988

Quick Reply: Fuel Door