PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front right tire wear on outside edge

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 08:36 PM
Default Front right tire wear on outside edge

My front right tire is wearing only on the outside edge quicker than the inside. It’s probably about 1.25x the wear of the inside edge. I got it aligned a few months ago after replacing the steering gear. That being said, the shop messed up slightly the first time and the steering wheel was ever so slightly off. They did it again for free and they have a brand new really nice alignment rack.

I jacked it up and using all my body weight checking side to side and up and down there is no movement at all.

is it probably just a crappy alignment? I don’t know how you can screw it up on these machines they basically do it for you.

Old 08-29-2023, 05:15 PM

The alignment could be now identifying something wrong in the suspension/steering bent upper control arm or worn bushings or ball joint, maybe the suspension took a hard hit at some point

Old 08-29-2023, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
My front right tire is wearing only on the outside edge quicker than the inside. It’s probably about 1.25x the wear of the inside edge. I got it aligned a few months ago after replacing the steering gear. That being said, the shop messed up slightly the first time and the steering wheel was ever so slightly off. They did it again for free and they have a brand new really nice alignment rack.

I jacked it up and using all my body weight checking side to side and up and down there is no movement at all.

is it probably just a crappy alignment? I don’t know how you can screw it up on these machines they basically do it for you.
Post a picture of your alignment printout you received. Like this:

Old 09-07-2023, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Post a picture of your alignment printout you received. Like this:

yeah took it in they said the alignment was bad. After taking it two a guy who had to do it twice lol.

and these fools who had it this time can’t balance a tire to save their lives. Waited for 3hrs just for my tires to shake my teeth out on the highway. No one does quality work anymore.
I mean seriously. The alignment machine and balancers LITERALLY TELL YOU HOW TO DO IT. I don’t understand how anyone can f*ck something like this up so bad 3 times with two different people.

Side note they didn’t give me a printout 😐