PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Reciver hitch

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Default Front Reciver hitch

Has anyone installed a front hitch or dose anyone have pictures of one. I would like to put one on
but I dont want it to chang the approach angle to much.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Default RE: Front Reciver hitch

DrawTite has one in production already and they also sell an optional removable skid that fits in the receiver when it's not being used. It's a bolt-on installation with no drilling needed. They have no picture's of one installed on their site the last time I looked. From the description, it does seem like it may limit approach angles a bit because installation requires permanent removal of the front skit-plate so the hitch can hang down under the front bumper (part of front bumper where tow hooks are mounted). While the installation seems fast and easy, I'd like to wait for a better design.

I'd really like to see a design where the receiver is integrated into or through the front bumper between the tow hooks. This should help preserve the front approach angle and would look much better too. Only issue would be to relocate the front license plate, maybe a removeable bracket could be made that fits into the front hitch? If there is nothing out there already like this, a good hitch installation shop could probably fabricate it easily.