PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

friendly hater

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Default RE: friendly hater

got a peace sign from a guy today riding his bicycle. and it was the american kind, not the british version with the back of the hand. made my morning . . . .

Old 06-15-2006, 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

got a peace sign from a guy today riding his bicycle. and it was the american kind, not the british version with the back of the hand. made my morning . . . .
I didn't know there was a difference, or that it mattered.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 AM

well shortie, i hope you DON'T get bugged by that stuff. i won't deny that, but i really enjoy it - the ruckus caused by some steenking truck. i enjoy jeep forums and fuh2 and hummerdinger (although fuh2 and hummerdinger don't seem to add new material much if at all, see, there's no money in hummer hating, and at the end fo the day its basically money that motivates people)

if anybody keyed my truck and i knew who it was, i'd drive directly over their ride and let the lawyers sort it out. Or just press charges and use some spare change to drag them to court for a lawsuit over personal trauma of the emotional kind. bankrupt them via the court system. either on lawyers fees they'd eventually not be able to apy, or by winning if they didn't get an attorney.

i bought a prius the other day for kicks, and a dude in a pickup messed with me. lol i was at a stop sign and he pulled up beside me, i pulled ahead as i couldn't see, he pulled ahed, i pulled ahead again, he pulled again again. i looked over and he was giving me the finger and yelling something. so basically, i think, everybody catches some flack for anything that isn't exactly what everybody else does. a prius is a fair 26,000 car. its a nice 17000 car, but 26k can buy quite a few other things. if people can get bent about a little 20k hunk of teensy weensy car, its no surprise that they can get bent over a 60 or 70 k hunk of mean green hummin machine.

i'm sure if i bought a ferrari or a rolls i'd have hecklers also. a friend of mine had a mustang when we were in college, and it got keyed several times... a mustang is a hot car for a frosh in college.

just remember this: the fact that people heckle hummer drivers is testament to the fact that, overall, hummer drivers are really pretty smooth & mellow. because if you went to a bar and started lipping off to the largest coolest man in the place, you'd probably go down most times. but most hummer drivers don't park their trucks on top of priuses.

one guy with an H1 5 years ago or so did, in fact, park directly on top of a honda. after he was robbed. have you guys seen that>

Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 AM

i bought a prius the other day for kicks
That's funny, I was also thinking of getting one a while ago. Are you gonna trick it out any or not? What color do you have?

Old 06-16-2006, 01:06 PM

OMG!!!...Next we'll be talking about those snazzy Scions..J/k

Old 06-16-2006, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

well shortie, i hope you get bugged by that stuff.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Old 06-17-2006, 09:21 AM

oh, shortbus, i do apologize. i meant to post i hope you DON'T get bugged by that stuff. [&o][&o][sm=WTFsgign.gif]

sorry about that.

Hummerific,, i dont' think there's anything to do to a prius? i mean if you got big rims the mileage would be worse than the H2. Mostly i was just curious what the reaction would be to the prius as compared to the hummer, and i don't think it costs much to own a prius for a year or two, as the resale is pretty good.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:26 PM

no apology necessary. i had assumed it was a typo, but based on your philosphical writings from the past, haven't noticed many and wasn't quite sure.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:24 AM

Yeah, I think rims is probably the only thing you can change about it.

Do you actually drive the prius? and on what occasions. How do you like it so far?

There aren't that many used ones out there I believe and depreciation is indeed not very much, but I'm gonna get a sportscar probably instead of a green commuter.[sm=gears.gif]

Old 06-19-2006, 02:43 PM

yeah, but rims and things would only worsen its mileage, probably

Quick Reply: friendly hater