PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Satellite radio??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 PM

I don't get it. I have had my '06 H3 for a few years now (bought it used, and love it) and it never had XM before. I never subscribed. again- not looking a gift horse.... Just wondering- and loving the XM. Ok, i'll accept what it is

Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 AM

If you were curious, you could go to the XM web site and see if there is a name to that account number

Old 12-23-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
If you were curious, you could go to the XM web site and see if there is a name to that account number
Gonna do that, bye bye XM. As much as I'm lovin' it, I don't want to steal it from someone.

Can i look up the account number by the radio ID? (I would assume)

Old 12-23-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jruta
Gonna do that, bye bye XM. As much as I'm lovin' it, I don't want to steal it from someone.

Can i look up the account number by the radio ID? (I would assume)

Go to web site, no log in
There may be place to punch in radio ID it may give you account info
You also sound like a rather honest guy, good for you

Happy Holiday's

Old 12-23-2011, 08:25 PM

There is no such thing as Free XM... someone is paying... ha ha... word to the wise, cancel that XM contract when you trade-in the Hummer !

Old 12-24-2011, 07:09 AM

@wfturner: thanks, i know times are hard, and i'm fortunate enough to have my H3, wouldn't want to burden someone with another bill. Happy holidays.

I went to the XM site, can't find a place to check account info without logging in with username/password. Going to email/call today

Happy Huumer holidays to all,

John

Old 12-24-2011, 07:19 PM

================================================== ===============================
Quote: from Twinmill28:
"The number one reason I no longer have Sirius--I couldn't get them to notify me when they renewed my subscription and the only way you can have a subscription is that they have your card number so they can renew without notifying. Freakin' scam artists. Otherwise, I really liked having sat radio!"
================================================== ===============================

You can give them a temporary credit card number that’s linked to your account. Go to your credit card website and many of them have an option to make a temporary card number for use on line. You can set it up for a maximum amount and a limited number of days. When they try to charge you for your radio next year the card will not be valid and they will have to contact you.

Last edited by Khrome; 12-25-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:55 AM

I had sirius radio a few years back, i cancled my bank account that i had linked to it and they turned my account off. A few weeks later some how it turned back on and i got it for free for just over two years, in fact the even called me to get me to resubscribe to them, i was like no thanks i am good, little did they know i was still getting it lol. I also worked retail for awhile and found that when people bought a lifetime or 5yr subscribtion, if they changed there reciver and told sirius that the old one was broke that sirius wouldnt always turn off the old reciver, so people would have two recivers that worked at no addition cost. I belive that they got smart about that though and now they cancel them no matter what.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:41 PM

Hey guess what? I checked mine today and it is also working! Maybe a free trial?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
Hey guess what? I checked mine today and it is also working! Maybe a free trial?

Yup, looks to be that way. At work we have a small fleet of vehicles, one of two of them i've been in over the last three days has also had xm working- and believe me, the last thing the job would do is pay for satellite. Now my question is for how long will this freebee last! I'm really loving it, and gonna miss it when its gone. Lol

Quick Reply: Free Satellite radio??