PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgive my ignorance, but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Something else to keep in mind, the '06 has the 3.5L I5, '07+ has the 3.7 I5 or v8 (Alpha). On paper the difference doesn't seem like much, and aftermarket goodies can help, but it seems most of the complaints about H3s being underpowered come from '06 owners.

Another little thing, in '08 they moved the window/mirror controls from the bottom part of the arm rest to the upper part. Not a big deal really, but when I went from an '07 to an '09 I had a "wow, that's 100x better" moment.

Very early '07 models had the poorly located window controls. My '07 has them located on the upper portion.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
An incorrect statement from the misinformed. The '07 did NOT have the V8 (Alpha)....it came out in '08
Actually not misinformed, completely factual just poorly worded. Anything '07 and up WILL have either a 3.7 I5 or a v8.

Originally Posted by jayhawkhummer
Very early '07 models had the poorly located window controls. My '07 has them located on the upper portion.
Now this I didn't know. All the '07s I looked at had the lower window controls, I thought it was a year to year update.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Actually not misinformed, completely factual just poorly worded. Anything '07 and up WILL have either a 3.7 I5 or a v8.

Now this I didn't know. All the '07s I looked at had the lower window controls, I thought it was a year to year update.

How they let them roll out with the lower controls I don't know. You have to contort your arms to work them. Not to beat a dead horse, but here are two 07's.
Upper
Lower

Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Thanx for the additional info gents.

Jayhawk, there sure seems to be quite a few used H3's in Houston. One dealer in particular has a large number of them posted in the Ebay classifieds.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by jayhawkhummer
How they let them roll out with the lower controls I don't know. You have to contort your arms to work them. Not to beat a dead horse, but here are two 07's.
Upper
Lower
Agreed. You do get used to the lower position after a while, but it only takes on ride in one with the upper controls to realize just how much better they are. No idea how something like this could make it all the way through design and into production when the fix is so easy.

Now going completely off topic - I absolutely love that two town leather in one of those ads. I've never even seen that combination in person, but it looks fantastic in the various photos I've seen.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Crosbo
Thanx for the additional info gents.

Jayhawk, there sure seems to be quite a few used H3's in Houston. One dealer in particular has a large number of them posted in the Ebay classifieds.

Ya, Texas Direct Auto has 90 right now. You can search that name and see all 90 through their website. I've never dealt with them. May be able to get a great deal since it's an auction, assuming the fees and shipping don't get you.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:00 PM
rsc

Prices seem to be better in Houston and Dallas than Austin and the CenTex area. But I have to balance out the low price with how many of those vehicles are really beat on in daily driving around town. My sister's boyfriend lives in the Houston area and thinks he can speed shift his Jeep and every stoplight is a dragstrip. He's on his second or third transmission now.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:09 AM

I was really impressed by their inventory...16 Alpha's...wow! Then I stumbled upon the complaints against TDA. Uh-oh. Sure, all dealerships get complaints and I've read quite a few on other dealerships; mostly complaints that were really buyer-related. Never-the-less, several of the comments/complaints echoed what appear to be some very valid concerns.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Crosbo
I was really impressed by their inventory...16 Alpha's...wow! Then I stumbled upon the complaints against TDA. Uh-oh. Sure, all dealerships get complaints and I've read quite a few on other dealerships; mostly complaints that were really buyer-related. Never-the-less, several of the comments/complaints echoed what appear to be some very valid concerns.
I hadn't looked into it at all, but I am really curious how they get a 100% positive feedback after 4000+ deals on ebay. Maybe I'm naive, but I respect those ratings. I have a 100% seller/buyer rating and I know I've earned it.

I look at this way. People generally don't go out of their way to post positive things on yahoo and whatnot. But be sure they will go out of their way to post their complaints. I'm guilty of it too. You get really great service at a restaurant and go home happy, end of story. Get crappy food and crappy service, you want to let the world know.

Not defending them at all because I have no experience with them. I know I wouldn't fly across the country to shop there or buy a car from them without seeing it in person. For my next vehicle though, I'm driving down there to see all the 3's.....assuming they have any when that time comes.