PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Flakey AC, Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Default Flakey AC, Anyone else?

Purchased the 3 in February so never had to use the AC. When I finally needed to use the AC it initially turned on but wouldn't turn off until I turned the car off.After a few days when I needed the AC again it wouldn't turn on but would eventually after just randomly pushing and turning all buttons.Called it in and it works for the service manager when I go to drop it off before work[:@]but I left it and said to look it over. I was told they replaced the AC switch and it's ready.Go to pick up the 3 and head to work and thought I would try it and it doesn't work again. Turn around andheaded back to the dealer and showed the service manager, luckily it didn't start working this time. Leaveit there and wastold it needed a part that wason national backorder and could take a week. I saidfine as long as I get to stay in the loaner.A little over a week and I get the call thatthe part finallyarrived, installed, and ready. I run to the dealer after work, hop in the 3 and test the AC and it's not working [:@]. I call over to thesales manager and my salesman tohave them verify it, since service was already closed, and off I wentin the loaner again.

The dealer has been great as far as communication goes but makes me wonder if they actually test it after doing whatever it is they did

Anyone else run into this issue with their AC? If whatever part was on National Backorder then does that mean it's a common problem and dealers had to use up their inventory or was is just a rare part?

Old 05-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Default RE: Flakey AC, Anyone else?

Not having any problems with ours bought in Dec/06.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:07 PM

mine works fine got it aug 05
and today is 94 deg out.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:33 PM

Tell them you think the problem is with the Compressor clutch...At least they will start looking past their noses and do some real troubleshooting instead of being parts changers until they stumble across the faulty component...It's either the clutch or the relay that drives the clutch.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 PM

Got a call today and said it's nothing with the wiring or electrical. I was at work when they called so I wasn't really paying attention but they now havea couple more parts on order that theyadmit hope will solve the issue. They assured me they will make sure it continues to work before calling me to say it's done.

Dennis...if the parts they ordered doesn't fix the issue I'll mention the compressor clutch or clutch relay.

Thanks!