PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time off road..Now some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Default First time off road..Now some questions

Took her off road today for the first time. I live in South Florida so it was pretty bumpy with a ton of very loose white sand. I used the 4 wheel lock up arrow. Should I use the 4 wheel lock down arrow (I do have a 5 speed)? I didn't get stuck (thank God), but is it a possibility to get stuck in fluff sand with this vehicle. A dirt bike expert said to just keep my foot on the gas and I will do fine. I was REALLY IMPRESSED on how the vehicle handled, nervous a little at first, but gained confidence quickly. She is a real monster off road.

Do you guys/gals normally wash the plasticinside of your wheelbase? Also, is there anything I need to be aware of with sand (getting in breaks etc. etc.)?

Machines

Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Default RE: First time off road..Now some questions

What is this "OFF ROAD" you speak of??????

Old 03-02-2007, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

That means a parking lot to youBob!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!! that was funny

Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM

It is in Hobe Sound FL....The track is about 4 miles at the end of a develpoment called Poinciana Gardens. There is actually a big mud pit in the middle (stayed out).

Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM

your biggest problem would be any salt content in the water you ran through. i don't know how close you are to the beach, but salt and electronic connectors don't make good partners. you'll want to wash the engine compartment really well, that's more important than the wheel wells, considering that's what gets you from A to B. hose off the bottom really well too.

as for your 4 wheel drive buttons, i don't have a clue, the bus doesn't have arrows. i would assume the up arrow is 4hi, which is what you should have been in, and keeping up momentum is the way to get through, so it sounds like you did well and had a good time. that's really all that matters anyway. did you have street pressure in your tires? lowering the pressure will certainly help you in sand, so it may be something to think about next time.

glad you enjoyed your first off road experience, that means you'll probably go back for more . . . .[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM

ORIGINAL: machines

Took her off road today for the first time. I live in South Florida so it was pretty bumpy with a ton of very loose white sand. I used the 4 wheel lock up arrow. Should I use the 4 wheel lock down arrow (I do have a 5 speed)?

all of the times I've driven on sand I always used 4 high lock, and only used 4 low when climbing or decending an obstacle.

I didn't get stuck (thank God), but is it a possibility to get stuck in fluff sand with this vehicle. A dirt bike expert said to just keep my foot on the gas and I will do fine. I was REALLY IMPRESSED on how the vehicle handled, nervous a little at first, but gained confidence quickly. She is a real monster off road.

I was also a bit when I first took mine off road but once you are confident with it you will be amazed at what it can actually do. here is a link of my off road videos.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JDEORTA

Do you guys/gals normally wash the plasticinside of your wheelbase?

I use Hummersolutions.com for the under carraige cleaner, it works awsome. after off roading I ussually spend upto 5 hours detailing it.

Machines

Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 AM

almost forgot one important item

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-03-2007, 01:52 AM

I think I just peed my pants..I too old for this sudden wit Bob

Old 03-03-2007, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis
I think I just peed my pants..I too old for this sudden wit Bob
Trying to get this image out of my mind.....[:'(][:'(]

Quick Reply: First time off road..Now some questions