PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time Hummer Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Default First Time Hummer Buyer

So, I'm new here, and I am planning on buying my first Hummer in the near future. Very excited. Ever since I can remember, when i first saw a Hummer, I instantly fell in love, but I'd have to say my personal favorite is the H2. Now I'm only 16, just got my driver's license back in December, but I have always wanted a Hummer H2! I currently drive a Dodge Dakota, which I've had for about a year, with a sort-of wimpy V6. It has the extended, 2-door crew cab, the automatic trans, and 4 wheel drive. Its always been a small vehicle for me, and having no power anything except brakes and steering. I'm 6 foot 5 inches for god sakes, and husky too.. So a truck without even a tilt wheel isn't really working out for me, or my friends who are just as big as me. I've been constantly dumping money into this truck, from repairing a transmission, fixing fuel senders and gauge, hoses for the transmission, power steering, and cooling/radiator system, bodywork, water pump etc. Its a mess, and more than I ever imagined on putting into my first car. I figure why pay an arm and a leg into a vehicle I don't even like that much, while I could be putting it into a car I love. Then paying for things wouldn't seem so bad. So I've been on the hunt for a new vehicle, that's reliable!

I came up with the idea of looking into a hummer a couple of months ago, but could never go through with it due to not having a job. I finally found a job about a month ago, and I make pretty decent money, and decided that I'm going to go through with my dream of owning a legendary Hummer. I can afford buying a new car, while paying for things like cell phone bills, eating out, etc.., and have kind of worked out my price range; $12,000-19,000. Most likely having anywhere from 70K to 100K miles on it. I figured I'll be able to swing for the gas as well with my monthly income.. ha. I am obsessed with these vehicles, especially the H2. I have my RC racing cars with hummer bodies on them, I've drawn pictures of them, i have models, and even wear a blank key from a 2003 Hummer H2 key around my neck which I've always said I've been saving for my Hummer I will get some day... Haha.

I have always researched the H2 extensively due to my love for it, and have started looking around, going to used car dealerships, searching online, calling places etc. since i can finally afford my dream.

Pretty much, I'm looking for a 2003 Hummer H2, most likely a base package (cheaper), with hopefully a sunroof. I know a lot about them and what they come with standard, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, concerns, ideas of what i should look for.

Is there anything i should keep a close eye out for when looking/buying one, or any problems from that particular model year that i should watch out for. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I'll be using the vehicle for the following uses as well:

Towing family boat/RV
Driving in snow (sometimes heavy due to where I live)
Slight off roading
Travel to Work and School

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas I could use to persuade my one stubborn parent (At least one is on board) in my pursuit of owning my dream SUV.

Thanks for all the input towards me following my dream, and i hope to post pictures of my someday Hummer in the near future!