PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Finaly here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Default Finaly here it is!

Hi guys, first post here, I thought it would be nice to tell you that after a year of dreaming of a hummer, I finaly have one parked in my driveway.

At first I was looking into an H3, I had one as a rental back in 2007 and I really liked it but as I wanted to get a trailer home (about a 24' long size) It was out of the question with the 5cyl model. I could not find any Alpha model used in canada so I was thinking about an H2 even if I never test drove one or ever sat in it.

Then comes out the deal, found one in Montreal city area in Quebec, about 250miles from home. My test drive was from the guy place to the registration bureau.

So my new RIG is an black on black H2 2007, with only lux package as option with 13 000miles. Got the carproof report, all is good to go!
I paid 35k CND$ for it and it drives like a charm.

It is still on the bumper to bumper full warranty for another 6 month, and for about 1800$ cnd I could get an extended warranty for 3 more years, do you guys recommend it?

BTW I averaged 13-14 mpg on my way back from Montreal, not too bad. As for Haters do you guys have stuff for me to help them shut the hell up?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Richard welcome to the wonderful world of H2 ownership man. GET THAT WARRANTY!!! lol especially if you are going to wheel it.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ricard350
As for Haters do you guys have stuff for me to help them shut the hell up?
Tell 'em no one ever got a BJ because they drove a Prius.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ricard350
Hi guys, first post here, I thought it would be nice to tell you that after a year of dreaming of a hummer, I finaly have one parked in my driveway.

At first I was looking into an H3, I had one as a rental back in 2007 and I really liked it but as I wanted to get a trailer home (about a 24' long size) It was out of the question with the 5cyl model. I could not find any Alpha model used in canada so I was thinking about an H2 even if I never test drove one or ever sat in it.

Then comes out the deal, found one in Montreal city area in Quebec, about 250miles from home. My test drive was from the guy place to the registration bureau.

So my new RIG is an black on black H2 2007, with only lux package as option with 13 000miles. Got the carproof report, all is good to go!
I paid 35k CND$ for it and it drives like a charm.

It is still on the bumper to bumper full warranty for another 6 month, and for about 1800$ cnd I could get an extended warranty for 3 more years, do you guys recommend it?

BTW I averaged 13-14 mpg on my way back from Montreal, not too bad. As for Haters do you guys have stuff for me to help them shut the hell up?
Congrats on the H2. I have had mine for about 9 months and love it. Rarely do I have someone who makes any negative commments. Mostly positive comments to date.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Congrats, sounds like you got a nice rig.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM

what a great choice, post pics!!!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Here is some pics. Im so proud of my new rig guys, I got it on the 26th of feb, then went on a 1 month long military work trip in USA, (2 weeks in Kansas, and 2 weeks in Oklahoma). So as of now its sitting in my driveway waiting for my return next friday the 26th of march. So far my gf took it for a couple of spin and she absolutely loves it! Can't wait to get back home!

Sorry if my written english is not the best im french canadian. And yes I know my dog is taking a leak on one of the picture lol

Thanks for your comments
David

Attached Thumbnails Finaly here it is!-h2.jpg   Finaly here it is!-h2_2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Default Nice H2!

Welcome to our world! We're here for you as you undoubtedly will run into some sort of mechanical issues one day. We love our tanks! Welcome to the club!

cb

Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 AM

Looks good David! I've had my H2 for almost a year now, and it still puts a smile on my face every time I get in it! There aren't many vehicles that EVERYONE recognizes, from kids to old ladies, if they see an H2, everyone knows it's a HUMMER, even if they know nothing about cars!

Last edited by SD90; 03-19-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:59 PM

welcome to the forums!

nice rig, and like the first guy said GET THAT EXTENDED WARRANTY!!

if will be worth it in the long run!

now that you own one, what are you going to upgrade first on it?

i went with new rims and 37 inch tires. its amazing how much just that alone changes the H2. since then, i have done little things here and there, but main focus right now is beefing the front end up.

have fun!

Quick Reply: Finaly here it is!