PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally added my roof rear marker lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Default Finally added my roof rear marker lights

Did the fronts a while back, but hadn't found rears I was happy with till now

Attached Thumbnails Finally added my roof rear marker lights-dsc00609.jpg   Finally added my roof rear marker lights-dsc00610.jpg   Finally added my roof rear marker lights-dsc00603.jpg   Finally added my roof rear marker lights-dsc00607.jpg  
Old 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM

What kind and where did you get them from? Looks good, DIY set-up?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy
What kind and where did you get them from? Looks good, DIY set-up?
It was all DIY. The 3 center lamps are: TruckLite model #15250R http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...3715&langId=-1
The mounts for them are: TruckLite model #00809 http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs...3951&langId=-1
The 2 corner lamps are: Weldon model # 5060-7000-10 http://www.weldoninc.com/PDFs/PDF_Ca...rker_Lamps.pdf

They are all LED's, and total cost was about $55

Last edited by Broken Halo; 12-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Looks real good!

I'm getting ideas for mine.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:53 PM

Looks really good, how were the centers to install?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Looks really good, how were the centers to install?
Mounting wasn't bad, but running the wires turned out to be a pain in the a$$. Each mount needed (2) 1/8" holes for the screws, and I drilled a 5/16" hole to run the wire. I thought I could feed it in, and it would follow across the top of the door and down the hinge side, where I could fish it out from the jack storage area. They kept hanging up somewhere in-between the inner and outer panel, so it took a lot of effort to finally get them through. That was probably the most time consuming part of the whole project.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 PM

How did you treat the metal where you drilled through?

I live in the salt/rust belt and fear rust as it will appear anywhere in moments.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy
How did you treat the metal where you drilled through?

I live in the salt/rust belt and fear rust as it will appear anywhere in moments.
Doesn't get much worse then here in S.E. Michigan.......silicone!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:39 AM

I thought I would share another option, although I know most of you folks would not be interested in having a wing on your H3. It is a show vehicle. I do not even drive it in the rain, much less, off road it. "Different strokes for different folks," I guess. I can tell you, at night it is the most lit up vehicle on the highway.

The rear corners are actually H2 corners turned backwards. Looks good and works like a million dollars. The wing has a big LED strip all the way across that lights up the whole back of the vehicle. The LED taillights are super bright. That is also a light in the receiver hitch which is wired to the brake lights.

Actually, I realize it is way too much for most of you guys but just wanted to share a different approach to rear lighting. Have a great H3 day!

Attached Thumbnails Finally added my roof rear marker lights-dscn1812.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Broken Halo

Thanks for the input on the rear lights. I appreciate that you provided part #"s and pictures.

Maybe a little install write up would be cool to do for all of us. I am curious as to where you ran the wiring for the hook up to the existing running light circuit(s) and what panels or (Inside/outside) moldings you had to remove to make this happen.

I too just installed the (Front) running light klt. As everyone has said, it was a little nerve racking to drill the roof line for the kit but after laying out the template, it went on really well. The front corner lights were really easy to install due to the (pre-marked) spots to drill out and mount.

I am totally sold on the light kit after the install. No wind noise at all from the kit. Makes a major difference in the look of the H3 ---------- Now, on to the rear lights !!!!

Quick Reply: Finally added my roof rear marker lights