PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

factory nav question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Default factory nav question

question for the ones that installed a newer nav unit in a older o3 o4 H2 . i need the part or parts number of the units that can be reprogram????? , i see so many in ebay but cant figure the one i need ...

Old 05-20-2016, 01:37 PM

You need to figure out which sound system you have using your RPO codes in your glove box.

Although the codes are not always 100% correct. Mine said I had the LUX Bose system-the speaker count is correct and everything else to indicate I have the LUX Bose system-after all mine is a Lux H2.

The only sure fire method is to pull your center console to se which amp you have under the console. The Lux amp is much larger than the standard amp. Once you know if you have a Lux or standard system you can then purchase the Nav unit.

After you have the working unit you just need to install it and run to your local chevy dealer to have them program the unit to the VIN of your rig and it should work fine.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I did not install the nav antenna and I did not buy a nav disk. I mostly wanted it for the touchscreen and higher end look.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:00 PM

You will need the Nav antennae for it to work and you need to tap into the VSS wire from the cluster if you have an '03

Old 05-20-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
You need to figure out which sound system you have using your RPO codes in your glove box.

Although the codes are not always 100% correct. Mine said I had the LUX Bose system-the speaker count is correct and everything else to indicate I have the LUX Bose system-after all mine is a Lux H2.

The only sure fire method is to pull your center console to se which amp you have under the console. The Lux amp is much larger than the standard amp. Once you know if you have a Lux or standard system you can then purchase the Nav unit.

After you have the working unit you just need to install it and run to your local chevy dealer to have them program the unit to the VIN of your rig and it should work fine.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I did not install the nav antenna and I did not buy a nav disk. I mostly wanted it for the touchscreen and higher end look.
thanks for the reply mine its a 04 with the Y91 code . the current radio is a jvc that im not too happy with and the speakers are not the factory ones . ill be loosing the USB and AUX ports but i dont mind .. i need to figure whats the part # for the XM unit ....

here is the sticker on my glovebox

Last edited by hmer; 05-20-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Old 05-22-2016, 04:37 AM

There's a few different part numbers out there but the main thing is whether or not the system is a LUX or not. As I mentioned, RPO codes are great but mine was not accurate.

Thankfully another member was doing the same as me and bought the non-lux nav when his amp was a lux so we swapped straight across and had both our systems up and running in no time.