PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Even more aggrivated and frustrated...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Default RE: Even more aggrivated and frustrated...

Sorry to hear!

Other than:

1) Squeaky noises from the hatch area
2)PATHETIC throttle response (worse than my old junker Jeep)
3) Rotten egg (sulfur) smell from the exhaust that somehow makes its way into the cabin - it's not the fuel because I have another car that I fill up with the same gas and I drive that car harder. It also sucks that the other car's close to 8 years old and this thing is brand new
4) Rattles from the transmission area somewhere

it's been pretty problem free.. my hummer dealer's worthless too, no rentals/loaners

good thing it's a lease. Too bad, I really like the truck but my next SUV will be a cheap junker Jeep again.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 AM

What dealer are you dealing with in your area...I know there is one in Norwood, Danvers, and Southboro.....I don't want to deal with another idiot dealership on my next purchase....!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Did they replace the trans and give you the truck back? If so,can I add one thing. Just food for thought. Obviously Nick I am not trying to pick on ya, but patience is a virtue. Look at it this way, if a brake noise/grunt is your biggest problem in life................life is good. You're not dying from cancer, you got a job, bills are getting paid....etc.

I don't work for Hummer, but if anybody called me 35 times in a week, I'm thinking they are not gonna hear back from me very soon. They get assigned to the "not playing with a full deck" catagory, if you know what I mean. Think about how many cases get assigned to every case manager, when he is not talking to you, he is working on somethin else. If you start yelling, I'd hang up. Just my thoughts, all of which may not be applicable to your exact situation. I'm just trying to say, take a deep breath and move with reason and patience, your situation will get handled, but it may take a while.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 AM

I got the car from Herb Chambers in Danvers.

The Norwood one didn't bother to deal, the doofus couldn't care less about me trying to lease a base hummer H3 I guess. He probably would rather sell their H2s and Cadillacs. I left messages and didn't even get a call back.

I asked my brother to get an oil change for the H3 and lo and behold he brought it to Norwood... $68 for an oil change, no wash no nothing... not even synthetic oil. They even forgot to reset the oil life system... unbelievable.

The Danvers dealer doesn't give Loaners, which sucks because I work kind of far from Danvers. But, I'll see what they can do about my little issues.

ORIGINAL: solarflare

What dealer are you dealing with in your area...I know there is one in Norwood, Danvers, and Southboro.....I don't want to deal with another idiot dealership on my next purchase....!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

These stories are mind boggling. I have had a fleet of Hummers and between all of them have not ahd 5% of the issues of any of you guys. Hummer CA has always done an outstanding job and the dealers have been pretty good. They don't always get it right the first time but they usually do. If possible find another dealer to handle your service. Hopefully it works out.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:19 PM

I'm telling you, check the MFG date. Right after or before a big holiday, game, weekend, etc. People don't want to be at work so they aren't paying as much attention to what they are doing and the product will show. I have been told this by people at the nearby plant (Honda, but should be the same results).

THINK PINK & SHOW IT IN YOUR VOTE [sm=smiley20.gif]
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_121425/tm.htm

Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Did they replace the trans and give you the truck back? If so,can I add one thing. Just food for thought. Obviously Nick I am not trying to pick on ya, but patience is a virtue. Look at it this way, if a brake noise/grunt is your biggest problem in life................life is good. You're not dying from cancer, you got a job, bills are getting paid....etc.

I don't work for Hummer, but if anybody called me 35 times in a week, I'm thinking they are not gonna hear back from me very soon. They get assigned to the "not playing with a full deck" catagory, if you know what I mean. Think about how many cases get assigned to every case manager, when he is not talking to you, he is working on somethin else. If you start yelling, I'd hang up. Just my thoughts, all of which may not be applicable to your exact situation. I'm just trying to say, take a deep breath and move with reason and patience, your situation will get handled, but it may take a while.

Lol Doc, you're totally wrong in this situation. When you call someone and speak with them and that person says they will be calling you on a landline phone in a minute and then I call back and they don't answer the call? You think that is good practice? And to do this on two separate occassions not even one. That just goes to show that that person doesn't really give a ****. And my patience at this point is all used up when you have non stop problems on a brand new 41,000 truck and you've been back and forth the dealership 7 times in 5 months of owning the vehicle. I just thought they would treat me a little better especially since I'm a first time buyer.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:46 PM

Here's what to do...It works every time. Park it in front of the STEALERSHIP with a BIG RED sign "THIS HUMMER IS A LEMON AND NO ONE WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT"

Watch how fast something happens then. Just make sure you're parked on the street if you can, not in their lot.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:17 PM

ROFL Heysdad - Thats the best idea i ever heard lmao!

Anyway for some reason my case manager out of the blue called me back while I was at work today. He said that they were now considering a buyback option and he will give me a call as a definite on Wednesday. When I asked why the change of heart, he said he didnt know about the transmission failure while I was driving... which was one of the main things we were talking about on the phone. However I'm happy that they called me back and I guess Doc Olds is right afterall, patience is a virtue. But before I even be cautiously optimistic lets see what they have to say on wednesday. Thanks for the support guys.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 PM

LOL, I guess we do have a lot in common....in regards to our trucks and the stealerships.....

I figured if I made a pain in the #$%^ of myself....that the dealership would eventually get soooo sick of me, that they would do almost anything to make me happy, and get rid of me. It's kinda dumb if they don't....I've already put a black mark on them by calling Hummer CA...only I can remove it....and I haven't even received the survey you get in the mail. So if they want a good review, they ought to be nice and help me out....

Unfortunately, it seems that you have to be that way in order to get any satisfaction these days.....I'm not usually like that, but when you have been treated wrong, they should be more than willing to take care of it.

Keep us posted and let us know what happens!!!!

Quick Reply: Even more aggrivated and frustrated...