PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problem on my H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Default Electrical problem on my H3

I got an 06 H3 that died on me today coming back from the mountains in the north of Sweden.
As I was driving all the dials in the dash went to zero and all lights in the instrument panel died. I pulled the car over and shut off the engine. Turned the key back on and all I got was the yellow engine light and the red car with the lock next to it. No other lights at all. The engine wouldn't turn over.
I fiddled with the remote lock on and off for a while and got all the lights to come back on and the car started again but couldn't get it out of park.
Tried unhooking the battery for a while and back on with mixed results. Sometimes the car wouldn't crank and no lights would go on(in the dash. Stereo and lights for heater controls worked) and sometimes I would get it to start but still couldn't get it out of park. Also sometimes all the lights on the heater controls would flash and the car would lock and unlock itself.
Finally gave up and called a towtruck. While he was trying to figure out how to get the truck up on the bed with the wheels locked the car unlocked itself and all the normal sounds came back. I got in the car, it started right up and i got it in gear. This was about two hours from when it broke. I drove the truck home but after less than a mile all the instruments died again including the stereo this time. Still ran though so it made it home but i never took it out of drive. The windows and the sunroof worked fine. When I got home and put it in park it didn't wanna come out of it again. Now it won't start.

Anyone have a clue what this could be? I even tried the spare key but no luck.
I live in northern Sweden and the closest hummer dealer is six hours away.

Thank u for any help.
/Zeke

Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 PM

good luck

Old 04-01-2011, 12:49 AM

Same crap happened to mine, its still sitting in service again. Damn POS.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 PM

To NIUponyboy: Did they ever figure out what was wrong with yours?

Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 AM

Sounds like either your security system activated which maybe an issue with your key which a few people have had, it could be a computer module or it could be as simple as loose terminals. I had the red lock come on and all I did was disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and it worked again.

also make sure your terminals are on nice and tight because they are known to cause many problems. The best thing you can do for an issue with loose terminals is upgrade them.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 PM

so what was the outcome?