PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD out of Park

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Default DVD out of Park

Hello,

New guy here! Has anyone found a way to play the factory DVD player on the NAV screen out of park? I have an '08 SUT, it plays on the rear but not on the main screen out of park. Safety sometimes sucks!!

Thanks

Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Default RE: DVD out of Park

It is illegal to view dvds in the front because it is considered a dangerous distraction like a cellphone...and there is a way to do that but not on the stock setup

Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 AM

There's THIS, but I haven't heard GREAT THINGS about the company/service??

http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm

I'm waiting for someone to HACK it. We have the same thing in our Escalade. I'll let you know if I find anything!!

We're trying to get some help from www.carhack.org

http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?topic=75.0

Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM

at the risk of sounding half-a$$, if you really want to watch, go under the dash, find the e-brake switch, trip it and watch away-you'll just have the annoying indicator.
but you'd be much better off going aftermarket with the correct adapter.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: juggalo

at the risk of sounding half-a$$, if you really want to watch, go under the dash, find the e-brake switch, trip it and watch away-you'll just have the annoying indicator.
but you'd be much better off going aftermarket with the correct adapter.
I read somewhere that the NEW NAV's aren't that easy anymore.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 PM

On Tuesday, I just installed an Eclipse AVN6620 in my H3. There waswire for the parking brake switch. I was tempted to just ground it instead of connecting it, so I could play DVDs, etc. but I didn't.

I did notice that the Nav menu won't let me make certain selections if the vehicle is motion, but it will if I am stopped at a red light, but still in DRIVE. I believe it uses the speed-pulse wire that I connected. I am tempted to disconnect that wire because its really annoying. But the Nav system uses the speed-pulse input to augment the GPS.

I kinda miss my Garmin, but that 7" screen is GORGEOUS!

-- Frank

Old 02-15-2008, 01:57 AM

ORIGINAL: FrankW438

On Tuesday, I just installed an Eclipse AVN6620 in my H3. There waswire for the parking brake switch. I was tempted to just ground it instead of connecting it, so I could play DVDs, etc. but I didn't.

I did notice that the Nav menu won't let me make certain selections if the vehicle is motion, but it will if I am stopped at a red light, but still in DRIVE. I believe it uses the speed-pulse wire that I connected. I am tempted to disconnect that wire because its really annoying. But the Nav system uses the speed-pulse input to augment the GPS.

I kinda miss my Garmin, but that 7" screen is GORGEOUS!

-- Frank
I'm pretty sure the parking break dealy does both. I have the AVN6610 and I can watch DVD's and access Nav while driving and I'm pretty sure that's the ONLY thing my installer asked if I wanted.

Did you get the BEC106 rearcamera? It's AWESOME!!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:59 AM

This is kinda COOL, but I don't know WHY I need it!!

http://www.eclipse-web.com/acce/fec106.html

Front-mount camera that scans the sides as well as the front of the vehicle. Easily mounts behind the grille. Requires CAB106 Power Supply for Camera to be used.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:03 AM

OOOHHH.....For Parallel Parking!!! YEAH, That's what I'll tell the Mrs.!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 AM

HummBob, have you seen that new thing from Infinity? http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...ti_around.html

Now that would be a cool camera system for the H2.

Quick Reply: DVD out of Park