PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove an Alpha this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Default RE: Drove an Alpha this morning...

How much of a dealer's discount do we get for the free Sewelladvertizing all over the damn thing?...

ALPHA on EBAY

Old 07-16-2007, 01:34 PM

GM is being tight butthole about the alpha right now. I work for a hummer dealer and i can't even get gms on it.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 PM

Just talked to my dealer and they haven't got any on the lot yet and a bunch of pre-orders to be filled yet...I suspect it will be around Christmas time before I get to test drive one...as I said earlier here..I'll wait long after the newness wears off, before I take the plunge...And I will take off any dealer badging before it leaves the lot or I get $100/month advertizing fee....My1992 Mercedes had put a riveted on dealer badge after I ordered the car and just before I picked it upand I insisted they pay me $100/month for the life of my loan and they agreed, it was that or lose the sale.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mike's dealer is the largest Hummer dealer in the Mid-west as far as sales go (I believe), so they get alot of the perks many other dealers don't. They are also really great people. They even have their own official Hummer off-roading obstacle coarse in the back of the dealership. I bet that Alpha goes so fast it can launch itself off the hill slope

Old 07-16-2007, 02:26 PM

the dealer in memphis got one in yesterday
its the orange one

i didnt even ask the price
if i wanted to get 11 or 12 mpg ....i'll get a sut

Old 07-16-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

I figure if I am going to pay that for a Hummer I will go ahead and buy the big boy H2.
I really like my H3 as it is, not a huge fan of leather living in Texas. Now I wouldn't mind having the Luxury package minus leather and dvd/gps ... oh and minus the s----- word.... hehehehe
I would want the 2 if I am going v-8 and 40k price tag too!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: samvoiceman

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

I figure if I am going to pay that for a Hummer I will go ahead and buy the big boy H2.
I really like my H3 as it is, not a huge fan of leather living in Texas. Now I wouldn't mind having the Luxury package minus leather and dvd/gps ... oh and minus the s----- word.... hehehehe
I would want the 2 if I am going v-8 and 40k price tag too!
I'm more than happy to bask in the halo glow of the Alpha and enjoy my IL5 model for quite a few more years. It hasalways been my opinion that the trueproblem with the 3.5/3.7 was simply that there wasn't a V8 option for those that wanted more power.

Now that this has been fixed, I can go back todreaming about a future4.5L Duramax Diesel version!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:32 PM

Yes, they all seem to have a sunroof! I was told tonight we have 13 more Alphas that shipped last week. About half of them are Adventure series. I can't wait to see one in the Adventure package!

We have 3 Tactical H3's on the lot as well. Interesting.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM

See heres our problem. We probably have about 6 tacticals but none with the off road suspension andno 2008 H3s so far.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM

I want therefined and graceful handling of the H3 along with the smallness compared to the behemoth big brother..But with the power of the big boys..That's why the Alpha with an Adventure package would be ****....Can you imagine how bad the exhaust will sound with a magna flow or the likes..?

Quick Reply: Drove an Alpha this morning...