PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

driving light switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Default driving light switch

Anybody have the part number and website to order the switches for the center bezel that control the grill and roof lights. I've just spent way longer searching through old post than I should of and cannot find it, I know I've seen it numerous times before. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 AM

Do you mean these switches ?

Hummer H3 Off Road Lamp Switch Wire Harness P N 88963885 | eBay

I bought two of these and they are factory OEM switches and they come with the harness

Old 02-11-2014, 03:06 PM

The light switches come with the grill or roof lights. That's why it's tough to find the switch numbers individually.

The marking on the (2) switches are slightly different
The ones that Will shows above are for the roof lights.
The grill lights have a downward arrow on them.

Part # 88963885 roof light switch
Part # 88963884 grill light switch
Both available from GMParthouse.com
http://store.gmpartshouse.com/shoppi...ext%3D88963885

Last edited by Bunger; 02-11-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Do you mean these switches ?

Hummer H3 Off Road Lamp Switch Wire Harness P N 88963885 | eBay

I bought two of these and they are factory OEM switches and they come with the harness

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. Do the "light" pictures illuminate with the rest of the dash lights, or only the on light indicator when they are turned on? I just ordered a set of them and am just curious.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for - only. Do the "light" pictures illuminate with the rest of the dash lights, or only the on light indicator when they are turned on? I just ordered a set of them and am just curious.
Yes, these switches light up when you press them to the "on" position. Same color temperature as other dash panel lights, too.
But Bunger is right about the grill light switches having the arrow "down" and the roof lights having the arrow "up".
The link i sent you is for the arrow up, part number 88963885.
I am using mine for power output control/relays and I don't care about arrow up or down.

P.S. If you do get these switches, there is one trick I learned on the install.
After you remove your brushed aluminum center console and you remove the dummy plastic
switch insert, use an X-acto knife of other sharp pointed blade and trim the inside of the switch hole of excess plastic. This cleans away any burrs and allow smooth operation of the switch when it is snapped into position.

Last edited by wfturner; 02-11-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:14 PM

I knew there were different ones for the grill and roof lights, I just ordered two of the ones you posted since they will not be used for those lights. One will be used for some round off road lights for the brush guard and the other will either be for some rear lights or an additional front led bar, I haven't decided, but am leaning towards fabing up some lights in the rear bumper because the stock reverse lights suck, especially with my backup cam and with tinted windows.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by staggs
One will be used for some round off road lights for the brush guard and the other will either be for some rear lights or an additional front led bar, I haven't decided, but am leaning towards fabing up some lights in the rear bumper because the stock reverse lights suck, especially with my backup cam and with tinted windows.
I don't need to tell you to use relays for any lights these switches operate.
Just figured I throw that out there. No insult implied.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM

yeah I'm throwing around the idea of building a fuse/relay panel for under the hood to take up some of the space by the battery instead of running dual yellow top's like I was planning.