PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dredded P0651

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 02:14 PM
Default Dredded P0651

Got the code p0651 and running reduced power mode. Also traction failed and service stab sys. Replaced throttle body, pedal, cam sensor and cleaned MAF. 2009 I5 about to throw in my man card. Also did battery terminals and cleaned out all connections. Wth is going on.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Have you ever replaced the PCM, or swapped in a tuned PCM?

You did all the basic stuff, check the wiring connection to the TB and follow that wiring harness back as far as you can to see if there is a fray etc...

Check the connections at the PCM, make sure all the connector clamps are fully shut in place, that means the connectors are fully snapped on all the way. You could spray the connections at the PCM with electrical contact cleaner, let dry, reconnect and see if that helps.

Also look at the wire harnesses to the PCM to see if anything is rubbing causing a fray.

For the Trac Fail/StabiliTrack issue, check the wiring to the wheel sensors.

Old 12-27-2017, 01:34 PM

Everything is stock. I also read that there are 2 5v reference code that come out of thr p0651. One for the throttle body and its components and another for the transmission and traction control. Does any one know what sensors fall withing the 5v reference for the transmission and traction control.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ceronv
Everything is stock. I also read that there are 2 5v reference code that come out of thr p0651. One for the throttle body and its components and another for the transmission and traction control. Does any one know what sensors fall withing the 5v reference for the transmission and traction control.
You are getting out in front of what could be a simple bad wire or connection problem. I would say 85% it is a bad wire or connection (where I suggested above) that is the cause. If you trace that wiring and look closely at the PCM connection to make 100% all is good, then think a potential sensor problem.

Good luck.