PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Default RE: drag racing?

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: shortbus

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i raced an H1 across the playa.
How culturally hispanic of you
it wasn't for title, although i did ask. i would be the proud owner of a nice wagon now.

as for hispanic, not me. the irish blood (guiness) runs strong in the bus family.
Just so my little pun at you is understood...Never thought or believed for a minute you to be hispanic, I always sensed a mild streak of redneck though..your use of the spanish word "playa" instead of "beach" compelled me to say something..like right now..I'm rambling and I can't find a good place here to stop typing....
my wife would have an argument against the "mild redneck" part, with the emphasis on "MILD". she thinks it takes me about a month to wash it off after i visit my hometown. as for playa, it was all sand, but it was in the middle of Nevada, which doesn't have a bunch of beachfront. i just called it the same thing everyone else in Gerlach called it. still wish the race would have been for title though . . . . . .[&o]

Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Administrator
Default RE: drag racing?

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Our new house is being built 10 minutes away from the newest and largest drag strip in the country. I went there for the Scion get-togethers. Some guy had a old Dodge Caravan on the line. We all laughed and made fun of him, well, that is until he ran a 10.5 second quarter mile. I think I still have pictures of it somewhere on my hard drive. Anyway, now that we are hooked on Driving Force we might start going. The people seem to be really big into cars. Its a cool place to meet people that are really into their vehicles.
SDAC has a pretty healthy group in chicago, from what i understand...ive seen a couple old turbo dodges in the 10s...its unreal...i cant even get mine running...[:@]