PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Does your pride in ownership change with Hummer becoming a Chineese company?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Default Luv mine

08 H3 Black lux package with backup camera love the ride driven from NC to OH several X's great high way manners gas milage matches 06 4Runner. Glad I got mine pre chinese im not impressed with chinese build integrity. 2nd GM product Ive ever owned dealer service has been spot on (Hummer Winston Salem NC) GM created there own bed of problems and had Uncle Suga not bailed them out a lot of people would be out of work so the bailout saved more than just GM, I feel upper management greed and arrogance is the major issue with most the US Corporations in trouble. Cant blame the current admin for trying to do somthing to stop the bleeding and making the best of a bad situation. I also own a 01 F150 with 114k and its still going strong owned both foreign and domestic cars and trucks and have been very satisfied with the US vehicles Ive owned 1 VW, 3 Acuras, 1 Nissan, 2 Toyotas, 1 Jeep CJ7, 2Hondas, 2 Fords, 1 Chevy and now my H3. Time will tell but Im confident things will turn around

Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=GAME;205504]
Originally Posted by Terminator

And dealers are scum anyway, they tell you that the Hummer is in huge demand and they stick to their prices, b/c its supply and demand. But then they **** you when it comes to trades.
So you'd prefer that dealers give you the same trade-in value as what they're selling for, even though yours will need to be inspected, cleaned, have maintenance performed etc?

That sounds like a great business model.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy

So you'd prefer that dealers give you the same trade-in value as what they're selling for, even though yours will need to be inspected, cleaned, have maintenance performed etc?

That sounds like a great business model.
I didn't even get Wholesale value so I have no clue of what your are taking about. For whatever its worth it wouldn't be called "TRADE IN VALUE" when the dealer resells it, I believe that's called RETAIL. Dealers love to give you lower than actual Trade in values, send the vehicle to cleanup (make it pretty and smell nice) skimp on the so called "Maintenance" then tell you it's Mint and was driven to church on sundays only, then they sell it for over Excellent Retail costs. Justs the facts. Hello, is anybody home?

Last edited by Terminator; 06-27-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Correction shows wrong quote owner
Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 PM

Hey Duece918:

Where did you go in Ohio? We will be leaving Ohio to go to the Outer Banks on NC this month.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 PM

I hear the China buyout is in trouble!!! Does anyone know if AM General will be interested again? Would they not have to be as a last resort?!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Unhappy GM Hummer and AM General Humvee

Originally Posted by CNG-HUMMER
I hear the China buyout is in trouble!!! Does anyone know if AM General will be interested again? Would they not have to be as a last resort?!
Point of interest, AM General has nothing to do with the sale to China. The sale is the "Hummer Brand" of General Motors. As I understand it AM General does own a small slice of the GM Hummer brand but no controlling part and is financially not in the position of pursuing the purchase of Hummer nor would they want to considering the slumping sales. The Humvee is a completely seperate issue and is not affected by the GM action. AM General is completely solvent, will continue to wholy own, build and supply Humvee to the US Government. The true Humvee will continue to be 100% US bread and built. Thank god Obama didn't get his hands into AM General.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator
Point of interest, AM General has nothing to do with the sale to China. The sale is the "Hummer Brand" of General Motors. As I understand it AM General does own a small slice of the GM Hummer brand but no controlling part and is financially not in the position of pursuing the purchase of Hummer nor would they want to considering the slumping sales. The Humvee is a completely seperate issue and is not affected by the GM action. AM General is completely solvent, will continue to wholy own, build and supply Humvee to the US Government. The true Humvee will continue to be 100% US bread and built. Thank god Obama didn't get his hands into AM General.
I must agree with alot of what you said, but you seem to be bashing Hummer a bit too much in my opinion. Sales are very robust over seas. Actually it's the only vehicle in Russia selling like hot cakes! Yes, sales are terrible here because of the economic condition. I wont give mine up just because the value isnt there. I didnt buy it for an investment. I'll enjoy it until it dies! I'll have pride knowing it was built here and modled after the Humvee, and it's incredible reputation it has in the armed forces. I believe that the H2 will some day be a collectible like the old Bronco II's. It will always look the ***** and be pursued by its fans. You'll see a resurgance in value over time. Once the economy recovers and Obama leave's office. Everyone is running scared with this administrations policys being forced up our asses! After the smoke clears, hopefully America will emerge again.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 AM

My 06 H3 Says assembled in Mexico....and all my Harley Davidson " genuine parts " packaging says made in Taiwan...uhm

Old 08-02-2009, 12:52 PM

I actually think that if anyone other than the US can do it right with Hummer, it's China.

The president of China has owned a Black H2 for several years which he personally drives around. It is of course armoured.

I think the Chinese company will probably make the Hummer even bigger. Or introduce something bigger than the H3, but smaller than the H2. They like big cars over there, the ones who can afford them anyway.