PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Did your H3 sunroof ever leak
46.25%
Your H3 Sunroof never leaked
53.75%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Does/Did your sunroof ever leak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Default RE: Does/Did your sunroof ever leak?

Muddy stoped by becuase he was at the collsion center looking at his rig, I'm a mile behind the dealer so don't hate. I wasn't going to fix the loaner since they can't fix mine, but Muddy being Muddy couldn't let it go.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Old 12-08-2007, 10:03 AM

Mine leaked twice, the first time it was light and I thought maybe it was me. The second time rain was streaming in and leaking out of the roof on the driver side by the window.
The dealer said it was a water guard in the sunroof, it was missing.
They replaced it, and it hasn't leaked since.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:59 PM

I have had my H3 for almost 2 years. About 2 weeks ago I noticed water comming from the sunroof, and that some small drain holes were present but water was over them and not running out. I tried a piece of wire to no avail. I then used my air compressor with an air nozzel on it (the kind you blow dust off of things). The nozzel has a rubber tip on it so I pushed it against the drain, and released air into it. I heard air build up inside, then a faint pop and the air freely passed through. Did this to both sides and cured the problem. Apparently the drains are designed to let any accumilation of water to pass through. I am supprised but it worked for me. Good Luck!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

No issues but like I have said before, it doesn't rain much in SoCal.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks, my neighbor had a pine tree that drops its' needles on my roof. I'll have to check to see if that is what is clogging them up.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM

On my silver H3, the sunroof leaks but not always in the same spot. Sometimes water runs down the driver's side and drips from the corner of the sun roofcover and from the Onstar speaker. Water will pool on the front floor mat and even runs under the seat to the back if there's a heavy rain. Other times, the passenger side will have water run down the door panel and pool on the mat. This happens in different parking spots. It has happened in my yard at home in different spots as well as in a parking lot where I waited out a storm. Have called the dealer and plan on taking it as soon as we can part with it.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 AM

Mine has been in twice within the last45 days for this problem, the first timeMy dealersaid the drains were kinked, the second time (last week during TC Faye) I was up in Orlando, they said that they have known about this and have drilled out the one-way valves at the bottom of the drains because they have been known to freeze-up, we'll see...

JP

Old 08-29-2008, 07:53 AM

Could someone describe to me where these drain holes are? It's funnywe'd called the dealer about this problem and they said to bring it in and that it might have to stay overnight and go to the body shop. They never even mentioned the drain holes, so I guess they aren't familiar with the problem.
The bad thing is that mine actually dripped from the Onstar mike. It was muffled when I called Onstar to check it when it was leaking from the rains from Fay. Hope it works now that it's dried out and I don't hear water sloshing anymore.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 PM

there are four drain lines:
1 down each A-pillar
1 down each B-pillar

when they clog, water will back up into the roof area causing your wet onstar mic...

good luck...

JP

Quick Reply: Does/Did your sunroof ever leak?