PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone make a black grill for an H2? & Replacement outer door handles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Default Does anyone make a black grill for an H2? & Replacement outer door handles?

I want to replace the chrome grill for a black one and wondering if someone makes one or I need to get mine painted...

Also for the side mirrors... I have a 2008 with the middle section chrome with the H2 logo... I've found replacement chrome ones but none that are black...

-------

Anyone ever replace their door handles (2008) Same... looking to remove the chrome ones and either would replace the entire thing, (handle and bucket) with an OEM style or just replace the handles with billet ones using the stock buckets.

My one rear handle's spring seems to be weak and when I open it the handle doesn't pull back into the door all the way anymore so hoping that when I do this it will fix it as well.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:30 PM

Black grill and side mirrors you would be better off just prepping and painting yourself. I have never seen black options for those items. Most people either paint them black or go with bedliner for added durability.

As for the door handles. I'd assume the 08's are similar to the earlier years. Meaning you'd have to remove the interior door panel and other pieces to gain access to the rear of the buckets to remove them. I've been wanting to do the same but never gotten around to it. I've had black billet buckets sitting in my garage for a few years now......

Old 06-16-2015, 08:48 PM

I have a black grill on my '06, it looks like a factory job.. Not sure if black was an option or perhaps body-color matched from the factory (black H2). If I didn't already have a black grill I'd for sure go the bed liner route. If you want to buy one for a grand, you can get one here in whatever body-color you want: Hummer Parts and Accessories: Hummer H2/SUT Factory Color Matched Grill by GM

Old 06-16-2015, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
I have a black grill on my '06, it looks like a factory job.. Not sure if black was an option or perhaps body-color matched from the factory (black H2). If I didn't already have a black grill I'd for sure go the bed liner route. If you want to buy one for a grand, you can get one here in whatever body-color you want: Hummer Parts and Accessories: Hummer H2/SUT Factory Color Matched Grill by GM

on nice! but, they dont even list my color... Greystone metallic.

Bedliner sounds like a good option. So many bugs get smashed on the front... Who knows what else.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:15 AM

I de chromed everything on my deuce with plastidip. Mostly as an experiment. It has lasted over a year now. Through-40c weather and pressure washes.

The handles have started to roll a bit. But I don't think I applied enough to the back of the handle. My grill does have some chips but paint would also chip. I applied 7 coats to the grill but when I re do it. I will apply 15 and I think it will resolve that.

It is very easy to apply. And can be reversed with no damage to Chrome.

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone make a black grill for an H2?  & Replacement outer door handles?-image.jpg  
Old 06-17-2015, 10:08 AM

Interesting about the handles. I would like to dip my mirrors and wheels, but never considered dipping the handles. I just assumed the handles would be peeling off within a month. If it took a year for the handles to start to roll (whatever that means), then maybe there is a way to make them last even longer? With something as quick and easy as spray on dip, lasting 3+ years is as good as permanent.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:30 AM

MadMayo, whats up with that Spotlight you have on the air intake cover?

I like it...

And, Lowjack, for the bedliner route for painting the grill, do people just use what you find in a can?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Interesting about the handles. I would like to dip my mirrors and wheels, but never considered dipping the handles. I just assumed the handles would be peeling off within a month. If it took a year for the handles to start to roll (whatever that means), then maybe there is a way to make them last even longer? With something as quick and easy as spray on dip, lasting 3+ years is as good as permanent.
I say rolling because my youngest reaches up to the door handle. Where she grabs the handle it is starting to peel or roll. Every now and then I give it a quick torch with a lighter and it shrinks back. I believe this can be prevented by enveloping the whole handle in dip. I didn't get enough on the back of the handle to achieve this. But will be re applying to handles and grill this we with a much thicker coat.

I was very skeptical of the product when I first tried it and figured that the product may be only useful on rivers or in California. I was surprised that it stood up to our Canadian winters and the weekly pressure washes.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ISrt300
MadMayo, whats up with that Spotlight you have on the air intake cover?

I like it...

And, Lowjack, for the bedliner route for painting the grill, do people just use what you find in a can?
It is a Stryker light. It rotates 360 degrees and lifts up and down 180 degrees. One of the previous owners put it on. I threaten my oldest daughter with it telling her that I will drive by her boyfriends shining it all over his house.

I like it too as it sets it apart from everyone else's.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:03 PM

Mine is still chrome but most people either use the stuff in a rattle can or have it Line-X'ed.

The front grill is actually one of the few pieces of chrome I've decided to keep. I was going to color match the grill but after seeing a few pictures I didn't care for the look.

Not to change the subject, is that Stryker light wireless remote or does it use cables to move it around?

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a black grill for an H2? & Replacement outer door handles?