PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think there will ever be a Hummer wave like the Jeep owners do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:09 PM

I drive an h2 and i do wave alot, so far i havent had that many waves back from an h2 or h3 i was thinking people need to lighten up a little and have some fun ..life is to short ...mike

Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 AM

I love seeing Hummers of all models roll down the street and I can't help but waive as the pass by. If the owner doesn't notice, at least the Hummer knows it's appreciated. Am I weird? No need to answer that rhetorical question . I know my wife doesn't because she complains every time I do it, and I do it every time. We drive Hummers and we are lucky to do so.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
Great thread, I have had many hummer owners wave and many not, but it's just like riding a motorcycle, my brother in law thinks he is god and doesn't wave to anyone, but when someone knows his bike from the 70's he is all over it like flies on horse ****. I think it's a unique club all of it's own
HERE HERE!!!!!!! I JUST posted a thread with a part pertaining to this. On the H3 issues.... Lmao.. WELL, I got a buddy of mine that has an H3 that has been a bit modified. He worked with me for a brief time & we did a lot of field work. We'd drive separately to a destination and I LOVED IT!!!!! Just the sheer attention alone with 2 Hummers, sporting company decals that in no way had a connection to Hummers, driving together.... We even got asked a few times if it was manditory to own a Hummer to work for "FixAll Roofing". Too funny!!!

On Bikes, I am NOT a cruiser type of guy. I actually feel safer on rockets. Mainly due to feel. Or lack there of with cruisers. But I DO acknowledge ANY one on a bike... EXCEPT for the trikes, little scooters and when I see those monstrocities that LOOK sporty from a distance & as they get closer, you see that their feet are upright directly in front of them and they are sitting up straight..... WELL, I have the thoughts run through my head of becoming an "INDIAN GIVER" wishing I could get my "TWO FINGERS" back! LOL. Cause in my opinion, THOSE vehicles are a disgrace to all riding on 2!!! lol

Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by voxmandoo
I love seeing Hummers of all models roll down the street and I can't help but waive as the pass by. If the owner doesn't notice, at least the Hummer knows it's appreciated. Am I weird? No need to answer that rhetorical question . I know my wife doesn't because she complains every time I do it, and I do it every time. We drive Hummers and we are lucky to do so.
Just like Dogs & fellow riders know only why we do what we do, ONLY Hummer owners know why we love these...... ICONIC VEHICLES....... Like the slogan says, like nothing else... Kinda like me... lol. I do a multitude of things since yes, there are dark windows, sometimes some sit higher than others, etc... I pay attention and ALWAYS notice them.... Now more than ever. And with the acknowledge of a fellow enthusiast, I may flash, blink, wave, etc... I even love the look of amazement of non-owners that witness this. They WANT to know what is goin on but don't QUITE get it. LOL. I wish those well & maybe someday, one of US will part with our baby to allow the love to spread to another. Unfortunately, this act won't come from me. lol. My fiance has already came to terms with the fact that she'll be gone before my black baby leaves. lmao!!!!!! J/K LOVE YOU JEN!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:42 AM

I've driven one Jeep or another since '96 and never noticed much of a Jeep wave going on. Maybe it's more popular in some areas than others? On the other hand, in my experience the Corvette wave is strong with those who drive older Corvettes.