PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Discovery Channel Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Default RE: Discovery Channel Hummer

hline is moving on to bigger better things and is turning away a lot of conversions(good for me),as far as the price on that build, the benifits are much more than just fuel economey, and is priced due to the extensive labor and the price of the new powertrain. keep in mind thses trucks arn't for everyone and if you are looking to get the most milage for your buck you should be driving a honda not a hummer. I have worked with hline for 5 years on these builds and will still be converting H1s and H2s for some time to come.The technology he(hline) is about to release is going to change the fuel economey for almost evert vechicle on the road, as has taken some serious R&D and some serious coin but has been proven and should be released late this year.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:30 PM

magnum, I wasn't picking on hline, I think the work they (you included)have done is amazing. From what I know/heard to date, I just don't think the conversion is for me, just as you said, the benefits are more than just fuel economy. So I am sure I must not completely understand all of the pros and cons. If I could get a good summary of the pros of the conversion it may make more sense. I have never gotten a response from hline and just assumed that they were way to busy with better things than some average joes h2. I actualy think the hummer gets great fuel mileage for the type of vehicle it is. I'll just spend my 28k on the HX when it is available. Thanks for the response.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM

the conversion yeilds some serious power and towing capabilitythat is the most appealing factor, the milage can be bumped to near 28mpg with CNG or propaneif that is the goal of the owner,but that also comes with a price tag.The technology coming late this yearis based on the economy factor, and It will be fairly inexpensive with estounding figures for power and fuel economy. I cant say to much but it is gonna turn the table on good ol uncle sam andI cant wait! I will hold the distribution rights for the south west region and cant wait to make a diffrence for our economy and our environment, saveing us all a lot of dough and polluation.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM

Screw the LEAF LICKERS!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Magnum, PM me your number. My brother has been looking into a conversion on his 2007 H2. Not sure what he is going to do but I think he should talk to you.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:34 PM

Reserve wasn't met on the auction, only made it to $65,100. I am surprised, thought it would attract more bidders...only 28.