PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

did you hear about Ford's losses for last year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Default RE: did you hear about Ford's losses for last year?

Hey Mike i have a 2001 TOYOTA SOLARA which we bought in sept 2000
over 6 years old not a scratch on it like 39k on it now and oringinal battery and today is -5 started up like new.

i know just curse myself

Old 01-26-2007, 01:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEESWUi_dE

Old 01-26-2007, 02:46 PM

well, 6 years old with only 39k...it should start right up!

BTW....I'm sure you look cute in your little chick car

Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 PM

I never drive it
it hers that why mine has a lot of mile and hers do not i hate it.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Heard about it on the news, too lazy to find a link right now. But they had a record loss last year, something like 33 million dollars a day in the negative!!!!!

keep buying imports fellow Americans...lets force another staple in American history to close so some japs can get rich....disgusting!!!!
I have to comment on this:

1. MOST people I know who have had to take thier FORD to the dealer to get fixed has had very BAD customer service at the dealers. I have known numerous people who have had to pay for obvious warranty work. Rediculous. This happens alot less with import dealers, in my opinion and personal experience with it.

2.I have a friend who just quit as a production manager at a Ford plant here in the Midwest. He told me the cars are built half-***, but the trucks are built well. The processes are rediculous from what he told me.

3.The Unions are good, if they are regulated properly. Yes, somebody has to stick up for the little guy, but now adays, they are getting carried away. Sure, push the car companies to increase your workers wages so that you can slowly phase in higher union dues. Makes perfect sense, so I have to agree with Linus on that one.

4.Stop hiring sales people that try to take you for a ride and treat people like they are stupid. I have own 13 cars in my lifetime and I'm only 31, and I will tell you this also from personal experience, Ford sales people for the most part are the most manipulative greedy bastards I have ever dealt with. NOT ALL OF THEM ARE, but MOST of the ones I have dealt with were. I will NEVER buy a Ford because I absolutely hate the dealerships. NOW, it could just be a Chicago thing. I'm sure there are great Ford dealers out there, but I'm not going to weed them out looking for one.

5. If you own a Ford that has lasted a long time, GREAT! I have not known ONE single person in my life that has told me how great their Ford car is. All I have ever heard is how much they hate it, how they can't wait to get rid of it, or how much it breaks down on them. Again, I this is all here-say and doesn't necessarily reflect my opinions, just what I heard from friends and family over the years.

Everybody says, Quality Quality Quality, but nobody EVER addresses the issues I have stated above with customer service. At least in this area, that's how it is.

So, STOP treating your customers like crap, STOP trying to rip them off, STOP making every one of your carslook and drive just like the model next to it and most of all, LISTEN to what people WANT in in a car and stop giving speeches aboutwhat YOU think people will like. It's not all about Mustangs and F-Series pickups people (no offense to anybody here ) There is more to a car company then your two mascots that have been around for50 years. THINK OF SOMETHING NEW FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! Be ORIGINAL. HELLO! WE CANT ALL AFFORDGT500's!!!

PHEW. Now I can rest in peace

Old 01-26-2007, 04:44 PM

the excursion is pretty damn original, bieng the only fullsize suv available with a turbo dieselAs is the thunderbird, the lincoln pickup the zephyr, granted they aren't leading the way like Dodge IMO but they are very innovative in styling and quality...especially on the truck and sports car end. I have owned 4 fords in my life and liked everyone of them, my local dealer is awesome, there are good and bad of every company.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

You're Right IK! Like I said, it's all personal experience for me. I should restate that, I won't buy a FORD ANYWHERE IN CHICAGO. There

I just personally think their styles are all the same. The Excursion isn't very original to me. They took the Expedition, and made it bigger. How original is that really? Now honestly, I do like the Zephyr. I think that's unique. Now that doesn't mean I go supporting all imports either. I like GM alot more then Ford, but still, they need to do something quick. Obviously there is a reason that sales are falling. GM isn't reporting these huge losses every qauter. They aren't doing all that well either, but if GM can survive, why can't Ford? Makes you wonder what they are doing wrong.