PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I make a mistake? H3 vs 4 Runner

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 06:11 PM

Did you get one with a LUX package philthy? The leather seats are more comfortable than the base cloth, in regards to your lower back. Upstate NY can get dumped on with snow so you'll find the H3 is the perfect weapon for that, good ground clearance and super stable in the snow...

Old 10-11-2009, 08:07 PM

I'm not mechanically skilled, so excuse the dumb question.. but why would the head need replacing at 11,000 miles? Ive read a lot of posts with the "head" being a issue. Design flaw? I just bought a 09 H3, im hoping to get a lot of care free miles...?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 PM

I took my 3 on a lodge trip to upper VT last winter and while there wasn't any snow on the way, getting around had some challenges with snow covered back roads that I had no problem in even in stock tires. I think you will be happy with the trade.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Banned
Smile love my h 3

5000 mi since july, i cant stay out of it, and im still trying to find something i DONT like!!! ill let u know.

and all this from a ford man,,,,wow!!

power and mileage,,a good balance, handles great,,and yes i had a 460 mustang, i know power, and a probe gt, i know mileage(31 on a good day)

did i mention the great feel of the steering wheel, and,,, well ill take a break, more later

tom

Old 10-12-2009, 06:25 AM

I've been reading all these comments and didn't think of writing any response until I read DrTom's.
That about sums it up for me, I can't stay out of it, any excuse to take it on a ride long or short, I take it. It rides actually like nothing else and for the dimensions of the H3, it handles real well and in tight spots too.

I drove a new 4Runner years ago and thought to myself how smooth it rode, especially the front end and the suspension. I have to believe that later all other vehicles caught up to that smooth ride as the H3 is about as smooth as you can get for a rugged SUV.
Stable on the rode also comes to mind.

Do you remember that story going around that more Hummer drivers get tickets than any other type of car for speeding?
I know why, it can go well in any road condition.Snow, rain, sleet , hail, flooding, it will just plain out perform every other SUV out there.

My auto insurance did not spike when I purchased my H3 either as they have a good safety rating.

Every manufacturer has a problem child, it looks like the 2006 5 cylinder had it share of head problems, and that was remedied.
So for the poster that asked about the head issues, yes there were some in the 2006 H3 5 cylinder engines, right across the board for GM, in their Colorado, and canyon and what ever else used that engine in 2006. Since then it has been corrected. If you have a 2006 there is a link to check the VIN number to see if your H3 is effected.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:40 AM

No matter what vehicle you have there will always be problems

Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Default verdit is in

Ok pick up the H3 today and gave it to the wife. Can't get her out of it loves the little critter. Anyways thanks for all your comments I think we made the right decision.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 PM

I do too... but you have to post pics, otherwise I'll never stop hounding you

Old 10-21-2009, 06:45 AM

congrats on the new car. i am a 'perspective' H3 buyer. i looked at the newer 4Runners a few months back and i wasn't too impressed. i really like the last body style (98-03?) which actually looked like a truck. the new one is too car-like, inside and out. only thing i liked was the rear window that rolls down...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 PM

Dont worry, i also like the H3. I dont know why? i love my dads car. Enjoy your driving and take care.

Quick Reply: Did I make a mistake? H3 vs 4 Runner