PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 06:02 PM
Smile Dead Battery

Hello read some old post about battery draining within a couple of days and can’t wait to go pull the on star fuse. This is my second battery within 8 months and the last dead start was under my solar trickle charger. Also everynow and then while driving, my instrument panel will lose power. Battery light, seatbelt unfastened light, etc, with “service 4 wheel drivel” in the DIC. The radio stops playing but the air conditioner keeps working. The tach and speedometer work as well as lights and blinkers, all while driving on the hwy. When I stop, and put the car in parked, I will sometimes hit the door lock switch, or electric window switch and the instrument panel will fire back up. But most times I just turn if off and turn it back on and it doesn’t do it again for like another 6months. I disconnected the battery and connected the negative an positive cables to reset any memory stored in the electronic boxes. But no help. Thanks

Old 03-31-2021, 07:13 PM

Did you replace the blinker fluid?

Old 04-01-2021, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

First, this New Member Section is NOT for tech questions and tells you that via a sticky thread at the top. Not a big deal, I can move it to the correct vehicle section................. if I knew what vehicle you are talking about????? Example, all H3 questions go in the H3 section.

Second, any time you ask a question, Year, Model (base, adventure, lux, lux off road....), miles, and any recent work done or maintenance performed just prior to your symptom onset should be included, unless you want wild guesses or Blinker Fluid advice.

You can also search for answers. Avoid digging up old threads to tack on a question. Instead read them, post a new thread when you cannot find answers for your issues,