PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytime Running Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 02:04 AM
Default RE: Daytime Running Lights...

Thanks for the info. I did the same thing with one of my Mercedes. I think I will leave the lights alone for now. I did order the K&N system tonight. I have one on my Vette and it does add power. Looking forward to installing it next week.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:39 AM

ORIGINAL: bigwood212

ok. After a series of test in my garage. i've come to the conclusion that you can just pull the fuse. lol... its DRL #39 i have the headlights as daytime running lights but im thinking it works the same for both. pull the fuse and the auto lights still work. The daytime running lights just dont turn on.
YOU ROCK!!!! I should have thought of that I guess. I just figured if i pulled the fuse, the blinkers wouldn't work...

Also, I'm jealous that the new ones have a little cubby in front of the shifter!

Old 07-28-2006, 10:33 AM

The H2 has there lower light as there daytime running lights The H3 has the amber marker lights.
It would of been better if they followed the H2

Old 07-28-2006, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

The H2 has there lower light as there daytime running lights The H3 has the amber marker lights.
It would of been better if they followed the H2

not all of them Mark, newer ones have the headlights as daytime running lights. My ambers are for turn signals only.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:27 PM

Well, I went out to pull the fuse for the DRLs today and.... there is NO fuse in the spot where the manual says the DRL fuse should be... nor is there a relay for it. Also and interesting thing, my manual says fuse 39 is for the headlight DRLs and NOT the side marker DRLs. bastids... gotta keep searching

Old 07-28-2006, 04:01 PM

use the top of the fuse box. thats all i did. i didnt look in the manual. theres gotta be another fuse. they are all listed on top inside of the fusebox.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:15 PM

I checked there. I didn't see any DRL fuse.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:40 PM

if the side amber drls use a dual filament bulb then there has to be dual power inputs. If you want the drls off find the +12volt wire that goes into the bulb harness plug that powers on the drls and snip it.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

I do NOT have daytime running lights, but i do have the turn signals that are on in the front, or, the parking lights, until I turn them off with the dial. I have not seen ONE H3 in Chicago that has DRL's. There are quite a few of them in this area too. I find that a bit odd. Although mine is the only one I have seen that has the parking/turn signal lights in the front on all the time by default unless I turn them off. Maybe mine is just special.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:34 AM

Those are your DRLs. Not all vehicles use the headlights for DRLs. Some GM, Toyota, and maybe Nissan products use the front marker lights for DRLs.

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lights...