PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTIS line leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Banned
Default CTIS line leak

Hi,
I just got back from doing a trip to the local garbage dump and when i got out of the truck i thought our sprinklers were on, but no there is a leak my in my CTIS line. I say that assuming that is what it is. The truck is too hot for me to get in and track the line, but it goes to the center of the tire, and looks like braided tubing. The part that connects the metal to the braided tubing is where the leak is.
So my question is will this cause the tire to deflate? i assume so, since my CTIS is off and it cont to leak. Where can i get a line from? Should i put the truck up on a jack so the tire doesn't get too flat while i wait for a line?
thanks for any help.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by palmxjjsi
Hi,
I just got back from doing a trip to the local garbage dump and when i got out of the truck i thought our sprinklers were on, but no there is a leak my in my CTIS line. I say that assuming that is what it is. The truck is too hot for me to get in and track the line, but it goes to the center of the tire, and looks like braided tubing. The part that connects the metal to the braided tubing is where the leak is.
So my question is will this cause the tire to deflate? i assume so, since my CTIS is off and it cont to leak. Where can i get a line from? Should i put the truck up on a jack so the tire doesn't get too flat while i wait for a line?
thanks for any help.
Post a picture. Try pushing on it to see if the disconnect let it come loose.