PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTIS broken line

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Thumbs up CTIS broken line

A local tire shop tried to get the wheels off our 2000 H1 and broke the CTIS on both front wheels--tried to wrench them off. There is a brass tube that runs from the nut on the wheel and goes into the valve. That is the broken part on both sides. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to fix these--and whether there is a temporary fix until I can locate the parts. Your experience and advice would be much appreciated.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 PM

I would have a look at the hummer parts guy online. He has many parts for your 2000, I just had a quick look and I think he might have what you are looking for. Flashoffroad is another great site to look at. For a temporary fix you might have to plug off the front two tires CTIS lines until the right parts come in. I don't know what exactly is broken but I wish you the best in getting it fixed.

Cheers

Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 PM

Another good website is http://www.sax-express.com they will have the parts you need

Forsche

Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Thank you for the links, Forsche. The brass line that runs from the hub to the CTIS quick release valve is broken. It appears that I need that entire piece... up to the rubber hose. I thought of plugging it...but, if I try and fail, I won't be able to get air in or out, it seems to me. If the shop that caused the damage won't back it up today, I am just going to order the parts and consider it a part of the learning curve. About $300 total. My first truck only cost $400.... but, it wasn't a Hummer.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:01 AM

you are crazy for letting that shop off the hook. when they ageed to service your tires, they assumed responibility of the vehicle in their shop. they are also stating that they have the knowledge needed to properly service the vehicle they are working on. go back there, ask once again. if they refuse, flip a few desks and threaten to call your local news agency to file a report of a crappy service station. In Charlotte, NC we have "Action 9" it is a segment of the news cast where they go and pressure these companys to give a reason why they did a crappy job and not stand behind it. check into it man. being bent over and "ef-d" is not something i take kindly and i hate it even more to see other people get it and not do anything about it.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 AM

BTW most of the time, the news agency puts enough negative publicity pressure on them that they give in and handle the problem