PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continued problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
When it rains, it pours. Got stranded on the side of the road a couple of nights ago. Nothing to do with the other problems I have been having. Going along and the trams starts to slip. Pulled over and had a huge puddle of trans fluid on the ground. In the dark, I at first thought it was coolant because it was at the front of the truck. Turns out it was just a line on the trans cooler. Apparently, the mechanics didn't tighten it back down when they installed the new radiator. Got it out back on and replaced 5 quarts of lost fluid. Seems to be no permanent damage to the trans so far. I am burned out on these constant issues. I guess maybe it is better to have everything happen at once on an otherwise great vehicle, than to constantly have little things spread out.
Hopefully you contacted the mechanics about this? They should reimburse you for the fluid, clean your rig, and recheck other connections, besides that document this issue, in case other problems occur down the road. GL

Old 01-09-2014, 05:11 PM

so if it don't crash soon after dropping 5 qts on the road it confirms my thinking that you should be able to run the engine briefly when draining the tranny ,while not under load, to flush it out.

we had this talk awhile back and got hot refusal of the idea from some.
? any thoughts now?
this is the first time I heard it happen but I suspect a few trannys got dumped and survived.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 PM

The key: "no load" = no potential problems... Driving (under a load) low on fluid= premature damage...

Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 PM

Gonna try this one more time. I have typed this message three times already and each time I hit send, it takes me to a login screen and makes me login, and of course, the message is gone...

Yesterday I replaced the Exhaust Camshaft Actuator Solenoid, on the advice of James at Supermodulation. It did make the truck run a little bit better but I still got the CEL and p0101 code. Today, I installed 5 new ACDelco coils and 5 new ACDelcom iridium plugs. Again, the idle smoothed out some but still got the code. I have new ACDelco MAF sensor ordered to replace the AutoZone MAF that I installed a couple of weeks ago. A shop has confirmed that this MAF is not working correctly. Throttle body was cleaned just the other day.

If that MAF doesn't solve the problem once it gets here. I guess I will look at the MAP sensor and the camshaft position sensors. At this point, it is just trial and error. With 135k on the truck, it is not a waste of money to replace all of this factory stuff anyway.

Attached Thumbnails Continued problems-image.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 PM

These are the plugs that were pulled out. They probably have 30k on them. They look pretty carboned up to me, and there was a very strong gas smell on them. Could this be an issue of running too rich? Like I said, my mileage has dropped by about 4mpg.

Attached Thumbnails Continued problems-image.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 PM

I was told to only use the standard plugs with this engine.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:03 PM

acdelco 41103 iridium are OE plugs...

Old 01-13-2014, 01:19 PM

Gonna try this one more time. I have typed this message three times already and each time I hit send, it takes me to a login screen and makes me login, and of course, the message is gone...

Yesterday I replaced the Exhaust Camshaft Actuator Solenoid, on the advice of James at Supermodulation. It did make the truck run a little bit better but I still got the CEL and p0101 code. Today, I installed 5 new ACDelco coils and 5 new ACDelcom iridium plugs. Again, the idle smoothed out some but still got the code. I have new ACDelco MAF sensor ordered to replace the AutoZone MAF that I installed a couple of weeks ago. A shop has confirmed that this MAF is not working correctly. Throttle body was cleaned just the other day.

If that MAF doesn't solve the problem once it gets here. I guess I will look at the MAP sensor and the camshaft position sensors. At this point, it is just trial and error. With 135k on the truck, it is not a waste of money to replace all of this factory stuff anyway.
Did you try the original MAF after cleaning, or did you core that?
If you are sure there is no vacuum leak, and that is your only code now, I would go back to the MAF sensor, check the connector make sure contacts are clean, and in position to make contact with the MAF sensor contacts.
Doesn't hurt to have a can of electrical contact cleaner around, and add some dielectric/silicone grease (I use Nyogel 760G) to the contacts. Make sure all connectors are secure in the plug, not pushed back, and make sure there is no damage to the wires.
Also, is the air filter clean? GL

Old 01-13-2014, 01:41 PM

These are the plugs that were pulled out. They probably have 30k on them. They look pretty carboned up to me, and there was a very strong gas smell on them. Could this be an issue of running too rich? Like I said, my mileage has dropped by about 4mpg.
air flow issue, coil issue, injector issue.. fix the p0101, should take care of that... Also it wouldn't hurt to get a fuel injector cleaner.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM

Yeah, I did that. It did help. I don't know how it happened, but apparently I sucked up some of the DexCool gunk into the air box and throttle body when my radiator was leaking. But still getting the p0101 code within a mile when I start driving. I ordered all new Delco coils yesterday and I will clean and/or replace plugs when I am changing them. If that doesn't work. Next step, I'll try to replace the MAP sensor. After that I don't know...

Then I'll get back on the Stab Sys errors! haha
had the same exact thing happen . my traction stabilizer failed after i cleaned air box& throttle body. Could it be this so called EVAP canister? did you find a solution that i cant see here, thanks

Quick Reply: Continued problems