PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer glitch??? CEL

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Default computer glitch??? CEL

Hello All. Although I'm a noobie here I'm familiar with the way bbs' work. I have an 03 H2 that has a peculiar problem and hope you guys and galls could shed a little light on what may be happening.

Upon a cold start and not all the time, the clock resets and the check engine light comes on having 6 codes. P0141,0161,0135, 0141(pending), 0155(pending), 0161(pending). These are all the O2 sensors and are heater related. As it's nearly impossible to have all four sensors go out at the same time, I'm inclined to think it's a PCM glitch, but then there's the clock issue-hmmm. I've tested all the sensors and they're fine and within specs. When the computer is reset (the right way) all of them come back online and the computer shows them ready and without fault. At first I thought maybe it was the battery not providing enough voltage and causing an undervoltage situation thus triggering the codes, but the battery and charging system is fine. This only happens on a cold start and again, not all the time.

I'm very mechanically inclined and this is throwing me for a loop. Thank you for your time and please fire away with suggestions.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Default RE: computer glitch??? CEL

Well, I, err they figured it out and it's a bad PCM (computer) This damn slug is the biggest P.O.S. this side of a 87 Yugo. With less than 50 K on it, I've already replaced 2 waterpumps, the PS Pump, all the leaking cooler lines, the rear U Joint, the Passenger front half shaft and the GD inner door handle assembly a good 3 times. Did I mention a bad AC evaporator core??? I'll never buy one of these P's.O.S again and can't wait to get rid of it. Thanks for hearing me rant and good luck with yours