PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comparison between Steelcraft and a Manik

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 AM
Default Comparison between Steelcraft and a Manik

Check out the difference between the two taillight guards before buying, I like steelcraft, but the things I like may be why you don't like'em and for that you have Manik to turn to. this should help you out, I hope.
In the picture attached I have both guards side by side, on it I put things I noticed, such as one havingheavier steel rods, one having six cross bars, the other four, yet is thicker so even with only four it still looks good. One has rounded corners to match the rounding from front to side, or back to side would probably be a better way to describe it, while theother has squared of corners. To me one just looks meatier, depending on if you want it for show or go might make one better, although I really think it would be more of a personal taste issue, I bought the Steelcraft used for $41.00 actually $56.00 after shipping, I don't know what it list for, I do know the Manik list for around $179.00 so even at half that Igot a good deal on mine, and again I don't know why it went off so cheap, another for the same brand went off for 86 or 88 a day or two later, go figure, I'm not complaining, although I will say this the seller charged $10.00 shipping and it cost him $15.00 so I will send him the extra $5 when I get in touch with him, so far he has not answered my request to bill me,but he will, he was hard to contact after the win (isn't it funny how they have us geared we buy something and call it a win... that's why I'm so poor, cause I'm such a winner on eBay, although driving a Hummer makes it hard to prove your case that your poor.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5494/E55AD094E50842B5AC9B7149F192A155.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Default RE: Comparison between Steelcraft and a Manik

So which one's are you keeping? I'll buy the Steelcraft set if you're wanting to let them go.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Maniks have the six bars in case you could not figure out which is which?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummer4Life

So which one's are you keeping? I'll buy the Steelcraft set if you're wanting to let them go.
I only have the Steelcraft, lucky for me the guy was selling Steelcraft, until then I had only seen the version with two thin bars toward the center and the Steelcraft, I don't care for the Manik I like the idea of six bars, but I don't care for the squared off back, and I think Steelcraft is a heavier tubing, it looks beefier

Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM

In the origional post when you pull up the picture, if it looks too big to see it all, click on the 100% icon in the lower right hand corner (on Internet explorer) and select 50% or less to see the entire picture, I put notation under the pictures to designate which guard is which. I don't know how to add a picture to the post

Somewhere in this corner, you should see 100% change it to 50%
\/

Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Hummer4Life

There is a set of Steelcraft on eBay right now, "BuyitNow" for I think 65.00 or soemthing my meomory is really getting bad anyway the link is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-08...spagenameZWDVW

I should have cut and pasted the price too, hope this help

I just cheked it was 69.96 and 23.00 shipping sorry about that, again hope this helps