PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Compare 3 TOP suvs

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Default Compare 3 TOP suvs

H2 - Navigator- Escalade

Old 07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Default RE: Compare 3 TOP suvs

thats very interesting.

whens hopping for the H2, i went through this basic process:

1. test drove truck reluctantly and was surprised by how enjoyable it was
2. read 103,158 reviews that either gave it backhanded compliments or sort of insulted it
3. read basically all the online reviews that i could find and they were all 4 or 5 out of 5. And i mean all. Out of probably 100's of user-reviews and ratings that i found, all you'd find were 1 star reviews consisting of a link to FUH2, 1 star reviews consisting of a link to that tie rod movie, and 4/5 star reports. So people who didn't have one and people who liked theirs.

And i guess in the end i concluded that 3. was more relevant than 2. And the link you posted to sort of shows that as well. The "experts" gave the h2 a sound last place, the H2 was the winner among user reviews.

Escalade, Nav, Land Rovers, Mercedes G... all of these (especially land rover) had mixed user reviews, with land rover individual reviews having alllllooooot of people livid about reliability and service.

Plus ... well, once i drove that big beast, none of the other SUVs really seemed worth bothering with, so i bought one. Since then i decided to risk mangling it on a 2 week offroad trek across the country and i probably like it more than the day i got it.

So if i wrote a user review i'd be one of the 4's or 5's, just like everybody else. i'm such a copycat.

i'd guess the H3 is about the same. I bet it gets hummer-bias in reviews and owners love the thing.