PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Default Colorado

Well I am heading to colorado for a few months for my job (Aurora to be exact) I am planning on hitting alot of the mild trails as i am not an experienced off roader and I don't feel comfortable climbing the boulders i have seen here and on other sites. I have found many resources about the many trails colorado/utah/arizona has to offer and I would like some experienced info from people that have taken their rigs on these various trails. Also i would like to know what are the essentials i need to take with me when i am off roading. I need good info because i am going to hit these trails hard and get my rig diiiirrrrtay so please give me as much info as you can.

Old 09-30-2006, 06:02 AM
Default RE: Colorado

I know NOTHING about off-roading Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 31
Size:  1.8 KB

But HAVE FUN and WHEEL SAFE!!Name:  wink.gif
Views: 31
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 09-30-2006, 11:10 AM

Don't get stuck.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:38 PM

HUMMBOB and I are are so much alike it's scary...Maybe he is one of my love children from my drug induced years long ago.....But like he said..Be careful and have fun Name:  wink.gif
Views: 30
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 09-30-2006, 05:07 PM

Hey drain,

you would want to bring some of the basics like alot of water, some food if its a long trail, first aid kid, a jack & a tow rope in case you get stuck or have a flat, or find someone else that's stuck.

communications are good to have (cell phones are great, but they don't always have coverage). Something warm if its winter, lots of gas (don't want to run out, so make sure you plan how long you'll be out in the wilderness).

beyond that, depending on how serious you get about playing in the dirt, you might consider a winch, some spare parts, and so forth.

you might want to practice a bit with the 4-wheel drive system of the truck, getting it into low range and locking the rear diff and so forth.

make sure you have a plan in case you should get really stuck, and most people recommend not going alone (though i do it all the time)

Old 09-30-2006, 06:22 PM

Have a great time and get some pic'sName:  happy.gif
Views: 30
Size:  4.1 KB

Old 10-08-2006, 09:59 PM

What do you do for Aurora? I'm an AE out in Oregon.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

Don't get stuck.
That is the best off-roading advice I have EVER read. You are my inspiration

Old 10-09-2006, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: Sugardaddy

Don't get stuck.
That is the best off-roading advice I have EVER read. You are my inspiration
screw that noise, getting stuck is most of the story once your done, so its at least half the fun

Old 10-09-2006, 12:07 PM

don't go without a winch, especially if you're on your own (which isn't a good idea). a good spare is always a smart idea as well.

Quick Reply: Colorado