PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear side markers and turn signals - problematic install

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:22 AM
Default Clear side markers and turn signals - problematic install

So, I spent about three hours on this project today and came to discover (after tearing down the entire headlight assembly) that the plugs for the stock turn signals don't match up with the plugs for the LED replacements.

The brand is Eagle Eyes...

To make matters worse, the side markers don't fit flush with the body and the LED turn signal casing is just open to the air in the rear, which I would think would make the circuitry vulnerable to moisture.

In short, they won't function due to the mismatched connectors and I have concerns about the fit and quality of the pieces in general. Got them on eBay and hoping I can return them.

Anybody have a brand they DO recommend that does not have these problems? Conversely, does anybody have experience with this brand and have any advice how to make it work?

TIA,
KJ

Old 12-27-2013, 02:40 PM

Ok, so I owe Eagle Eyes a mea culpa in some ways.

As it turns out, the connector plugs into an empty bulb socket... you pull the bulb out and plug the connector into where it sat. Not exactly intuitive since, when you replace the turn signal, you replace the socket as well... but now that I know, I feel a little foolish.

The fit of the side markers is still not flush, but it looks alright. I may try to "mod" them using the stock lens backing at some point, but seems like a lot of work to remove the headlight/turn signal modules again only to discover that it may not be possible to do so.