PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrome assist steps/ locking gas cap covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Default chrome assist steps/ locking gas cap covers

Do any of you recommend a particular brand for these items? Is defenderworx a reputable company? Any feedback is appreciated. I searched and found some for sale, but just need opinions. Have a Black H3 Alpha, chrome handles and mirrors, sunroof, back up camera and towing package. thanks

Last edited by katbear; 06-03-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:12 PM

I got the DW locking gas cover, it looks great & install was fairly easy except the photo copy of a copy of a copy ect, template sucked I had to redrill the holes. As far as steps go I don't know much about them but if you plan on offroading don't get them go w/ rock rails instead.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by JGBB04
I got the DW locking gas cover, it looks great & install was fairly easy except the photo copy of a copy of a copy ect, template sucked I had to redrill the holes. As far as steps go I don't know much about them but if you plan on offroading don't get them go w/ rock rails instead.
Definately go with the rock rails--I just sold my factory chrome tube steps to another H3 owner who admitted within a week that they should have bought the rock rails and were now heading that route. You can buy the factory rock rails and get removable steps for them. The first time I had my new H3 out for a trail ride I relocated the chrome steps and had them rubbing on the back tires; had to pull them forward again to the correct position. I don't know the exact website because my computer got changed out, but there is a site that sells factory H3 parts at awesome prices compared to what they normally cost. Keep your eyes open on the forums here and you'll find some good parts sites with better prices. Good luck and enjoy!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 AM

thanks! I probably won't do much off road, though my 16 yr olds want to! appreciate your input.