PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

CGS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Default RE: CGS exhaust

ORIGINAL: blackbear

Doesn't look like great quality to me, no name hmmmm I would think twice.

Click on the like below to hear what a Magnaflow sounds like on my H3
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_151752/tm.htm
Thanks Blackbear your H3 sounds great. Where is the cheapest place to get it. I have not found it for under $500 shipped. Also did you look at the company who makes this exhaust website? They have a full stainless also I believe. http://cgsexhaust.com/I just hate to see a product trashed just because it is sold on ebay they don't seem be trying to hide anything.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM

500.00 is a good price!! keep in mind that it is all stainless steel, it is well built, they did complete tests on the H3

No offense but have a look at the pic, you see the difference

Whats the deal with the U-bolts

Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 AM

sorry if I came off rude and welcome to the forum I was giving you a brutely honest opinon of a product. I could have said eh it looks alright but I have this and you get what I have see why i worded my post the way I did?
I have bought a few things for my hummer off of e-bay but I really don't like where e-bay has gone (another story for differnt time) any way good luck and hope to see you posting more here.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 AM

Yeah, basicly its your choice, but IMO i would save up a little more and purchase the magnaflow system. Looks better overall and you also have a sound clip for it as well. Some things are better to wait for.......this looks like one of those things for sure.
We aren't Ebay bashers, but ebay has gone downhill recently. You ahve to be careful of what you buy there and from whom you buy it as well.
Take your time, continue to do as much research on the 2 or 3 systems as need be. Price can play a big factor, but when you are given an honest opinion about 1 product vs another (especially from owners that have one or the other) consider their input as added value to your research.

BTW BB, that sounds great, and congrats on the ROTM for March as well.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:47 AM

I agree ebay sure isn't what it used to be. Can anyone point me to a list of sites for buying H3 stuff. I've searched around but not sure what site is the best.

Thanks for your input.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: webslinger1977

I had thought about doing this. I have always liked the flowmaster sound. Is there a big difference in performance between a full cat back and just adding the Flowmaster? I put a Banks cat backon my Titan and loved it.
There is no reason to get a full catback Vs piecing together whatever you want.

The stock mufflerand resonator aredesigned with NVH as the primary concern. Pick an aftermarket muffler based on the sound and the level of backpressure you are looking for. Keep, ditch, or replace the resonator based on how tolerant you are to engine drone on the highway.

[sm=rant.gif]
Preemptive argument:
Remember we're talking about a heavy vehicle with a naturally aspirated motor here. It needs some backpressure. If you reduce the back pressure to much attempting to gain HP it comes at the cost of TQ. Keep everything in check.

There have been a number of threads lately concerning exhaust including aftermarket headers and gutting cats as well as catbacks. Everybody wants everything as free flowing as possible, but at what cost? If you want to mess with this stuff, only mess with the parts that were designed to favor NVH. These are the air intake, the resonator, and the muffler.

The headers are well designed and a pain in the rear to change any benefits from aftermarket ones are arguable..... leave 'em alone.
Gutting the cats.... all in the name of Horse Power. Who gives a rats arss about torque, engine controls, or much less the environment. It's not like the whole system isn't designed around them for optimal performance. While you're at it, why not remove one of the wheels. That rotating mass is a HP drain.

OK... that last part was a bit random, at least for this thread, but true none the less.

---
Webslinger, you've got to have thick skin around here. For the most part, the guys here are friendly and helpful, some of us are just a little rough around the edges.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: webslinger1977

I agree ebay sure isn't what it used to be. Can anyone point me to a list of sites for buying H3 stuff. I've searched around but not sure what site is the best.

Thanks for your input.
Type the brand or brands of muffler you want into google then look at the differnt sites that sell them and go with the cheapest one that's always the best one to me.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:51 PM

i think i paid less then that for my gibson exhaust

oh and where could i get those band clamps? they look better then the u clamps the gibson came with