PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

CAT / PERFORMANCE ? & A GOOD LINK

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Default RE: CAT / PERFORMANCE & A GOOD LINK

Thanks for all the info, guess I wil leave that one alone.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 AM

All those "upgrades" you speak of won't net you a whole lot. That's the Honduh tuner method of getting horsepower, and it doesn't work. I don't know how many kids claim to have 30 more horspower from those mods.For real gains, you need nore displacement, or a supercharger, which in effect enlarges you displacement.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: silicone boy

All those "upgrades" you speak of won't net you a whole lot. That's the Honduh tuner method of getting horsepower, and it doesn't work. I don't know how many kids claim to have 30 more horspower from those mods.For real gains, you need nore displacement, or a supercharger, which in effect enlarges you displacement.
NOS would work too.[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Just so I'm clear, what exactly are "those 'upgrades' you speak of" refering to??? when coming from you silicone boy. Gee, what is a "real gain" too? MaybeI can buyme 220 more cubes to slip under the hood of my 3?

Old 11-07-2007, 01:09 PM

fireman found the manifold cat mod that alot of coloroado owners were doing and posted about it last year....I believe he also did it on his wife's h3 and said there was a nice responce. FIREMAN...WHERE ARE YOU BRO?!?!?! Do a search in the meantime....you'll find it

Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Just so I'm clear, what exactly are "those 'upgrades' you speak of" refering to??? when coming from you silicone boy. Gee, what is a "real gain" too? MaybeI can buyme 220 more cubes to slip under the hood of my 3?
By "those upgrades" I mean cold air intake, catback exhaust, chip modifications that lots of people seem to think will net them 20% more horsepower. If it did, it would be worth the money, but I've been there and done that. These days, I would rather spend my money ripping out engines and putting bigger ones in there. I've done it with my RX7 and 280Z. BTW, yes you can buy more at least twice the cubes for the Hummer. The LS7 is a 7 liter engine, twice as big as the 3.5 and lighter as well. I have that in my Mazda. I strongly suggest you don't put it in a Hummer!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you silicone boy, got ya now. What do you think of this awd dyno paper???

06 H3 stock at 217 hp and 222 torque, this was the baseline basically
with just the k&n,it made 224 hp and 230 torque,=7hp gain 8 torque gain
with the k&n and the tube,it came in at 232 hp and 242 torque=15 hp gain and 20 torque gain
with just the tube it came in at 225 hp and 233 torque =8 hp gain and 11 torque gain

Source: Moosenubs.....er, hilljod, oh damn, jillhob, ok ok, .......hilljob H3 COLD AIR INTAKE TUBE

Now I do agree you are not gonna add 20% to an 07 (= 48.4hp) with "those mods we speak of" , but have you tried the PCMforless tune on an h3? I think you maybe surprised.
It's not gonna be a big block, but those mods w/aPCM tune(not a chip) on a three wake it up nicely. The purpose is to increase drivability, not build a dragster.

BTW: chips are pretty worthless, but I can tell you that the PCMforlesstune is the best bang for the buck mod you can do to a 3.

I also went to the same school of cubes rule brud

Old 11-07-2007, 02:11 PM

of course there is no replacement for dislacement.....that's basic gearhead 101...BUT... air in/ air out...more air in (CAI or SRI) more air out (less restrictive exhaust) WILL yield you HP gains...absolutely...might not give you 40hp but you will see some gains and MUCH better throttle responce over stock.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM

I could not find Fireman's post on the manifold cat mod. But I did a search and found the informayion on a Colorado forum. Here's the link: http://forum.355nation.net/showthread.php?t=391