PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't get bluetooth to work new VCIM box

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Default Can't get bluetooth to work new VCIM box

I just put a 2010 Cadi CTS voice command box in 2008 H2. Voice commaned works for everything except bluetooth. Phone wont eve pair. New box has bluetooth antena. Green light on On Star. Even called on star and had them set new box to H2. Called GM but no help "voice should say ready"? it does not.... anyone try thins or do this. If cant get to work will go get new kenwood with it all and on star mod box, but wanted to keep everything looking stock...

Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM

Hi i added a navigation unit and a bluetooth vcim to my 2008 h2 and the bluetooth works great, onstar doesn't work. I think you need a bluetooth vcim from a chev/gmc truck or a 2009 hummer in order for it to work. Also the phone must be paired first in order to work, what phone are you using? Also who is the company your phone is with?

Last edited by twr1; 12-05-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Default not working

Att and a Blackberry bold. Took vcim out of 2010 cadi cts with small bluetooth antena in back.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:30 PM

Hi the vcim i used was from a 2009 H2. Here is a link to pair your bold phone http://www.gm.com/handsfree/index.js...r&landing=true

Last edited by twr1; 12-05-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:39 PM

Hi is how to pair your phone

Attached Thumbnails Can't get bluetooth to work new VCIM box-bold.jpg   Can't get bluetooth to work new VCIM box-bold1.jpg   Can't get bluetooth to work new VCIM box-bold2.jpg  
Old 12-07-2010, 08:20 AM

Tracy-I tries this myself and then called gm and they tried but no luck. I am stuck on the first part of getting the vehicle set up. When the voice command button is pushed it does not say ready. GM says it is a different voice then they normally hear?? Maybe i did something wrong when i put the vcim box in? was i suppose to connect different or leave of something? I was also told that i could not get the 09 box cuase the wiring is different in the back with the 08? This is frustrating..

Old 12-07-2010, 09:32 AM

Hi i bought a brand new vcim box from a 2009 h2 and it plugs right in, no wiring changes are needed. I know you said the vcim you bought has bluetooth. If it does it will have a little black plastic antenna that is is plugged in the back of the vcim box like the picture below. Does your truck have Navigation unit or a Radio? The caddy vcim box may be different i have never read about anyone using a caddy vcim box. I bought two new vcim boxes one from a chev truck and one from a 2009 hummer and i tried both and both work. My Onstar does not work with either because i am not going to the dealer to have them program it. Plus i am not willing to pay onstar $18.95 a month and have a different phone # than my cell phone. I wanted to use my cell phone only and are laws changed here so we have to use handsfree or its a $500 fine.

Last edited by twr1; 12-07-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 AM

Thanks Tracy for you help. It works great! Everything. To everyone trying. I put a 2010 Cadi CTS vcim box in. What gm doesnt tell you is the proper way to pair your phones. Tracy helped out. You push your voice command button on steiring wheel. Say onstar. This will take several trys belive me. It will come back and say on star ready. Then you say Bluetooth. It will say bluetooth ready. Then you say pair. It will then ask you to do a search on your phone and give you your pin. Its easy from there.
Thanks again Tracy!

Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 AM

Hi Brian, I knew we could get it working after talking with you on the phone. By the way great talking with you, alot of times its easier to fix things by way of phone calls than emails. The 10 trys to get it to work must be that louisiana accent just kidding bro. Glad i could help and you finally got it working. Another satisfied H2 bluetooth owner when GM says it can't be done. Brian you and your family have a Great Xmas. Also If you ever need anything call me or shoot me an email. thanks Tracy

Last edited by twr1; 12-09-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Default onstar commands

So did I read this right when he pushed the talking head button his system did not respond with onstar ready he had to say onstar. That's strange because In my H3 in says onstar ready then you say blue-tooth. My VCIM is out of a silverado and it in a 2008 H3

Quick Reply: Can't get bluetooth to work new VCIM box