PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Can the dealer install sunroofs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Default Can the dealer install sunroofs?

If my hummer h3 didn't come with a sunroof, can the dealer install a factory mad one for me, or do I have to get an aftermaket one. If so how much do they cost plus installation?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM

They will probably send it out to a reputable shop to do the work. If they do, they should still cover it under your warranty.

See this post here, were I was confused at what I was looking at. This is indeed an aftermarket power sunroof installed in an H3. Try the old ebay link, and ask them about it; they are a Hummer dealer, and maybe they can give you some details on it.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...hlight=sunroof

Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 PM

if they have a body shop, they should be able to do it there

Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM

I've never heard of a dealer doing it themselves, and getting the factory sunroof isn't an option (so it won't be nearly as big as the factory installed option). Also, it is NOT covered under your HUMMER warranty - and these things can be nightmares if they're not done perfectly.

Before you do it, make sure you check out the size, check out the shop that's actually going to perform the work, and see what they're warranty is on the job (i.e. if a water leak occurs and it ruins your headliner, will they pay for it?).

I always try to stay away from them, but there are many happy customers out there who have never had problems too.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:43 AM

My '06 H-3 has an aftermarket sunroof in it....It's a Webasto, which used to be Hollandia. I had a question on it's operation so I went to a dealer in Mass. here who installs them, and he said they are the best ones on the market...

Mine works like a dream......I especially like the option where the roof closes by itself when you get out of the truck..

I would highly recommend this company...

Mark

Old 12-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes - webasto is a strong name (and probably the most common) in the aftermarket sunroof world - but they're not problem free. Glad to hear you've had a good experience with it thus far!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 PM

I heard it was not recommended to install sunroofs in a stock non-sunroof vehical. Stock sun roof vehicals have additional support beams in the roof.
But the two previous posts says theirs work fine.

In my opinion, the roof is already pretty weak and prone to buckling, especially when the kids climb up there.

Dan