PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

to buy or not to buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Default RE: to buy or not to buy

how ironic would that be.......an American surrendering to a Frenchy....

sorry...I had to

your ok in my book bro.......I'm glad you overpaid for your h3 and ended up a part of our family

Old 05-12-2007, 12:32 AM
JM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

how ironic would that be.......an American surrendering to a Frenchy....

sorry...I had to

your ok in my book bro.......I'm glad you overpaid for your h3 and ended up a part of our family
[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 05-13-2007, 01:04 AM

Ok, newbie here, so be (a little) nice. I've owned mostly imports, but with a couple of Chevys and a Caddy in there too. My last three cars were all imports--only one had an "unscheduled" visit for repair while accumulating miles of 98K, 99K and 43K on the three cars.

My 07 H3 has already needed a new battery (they die quickly in the desert). It is going in for service on Monday for a high beam headlamp that won't come on even with a bulb change and a clunking noise felt through the accelerator and steering wheel.

As everyone else is saying, any car you buy is a gamble and that one "unscheduled" repair was for a new automatic transmission for my Honda. I feel I might give up some reliability in getting a Hummer but I would never have the fun in my Honda that I have already had in my Hummer. This thing ROCKS and is already my favorite vehicle that I have owned. I've added a bit of bling, a bit more to come, but it will still be an off-roader.

Why am I not bothered by a couple of repairs already? Because the dealer is awesome and is hooking me up with pickup and delivery of my car on Monday to their service department. They are great about loaners and simply provide great service. I've never had such great service from any other dealer than this dealer--Lund Cadillac/Hummer in Phoenix.

Any purchase is a gamble. Go for it and get the H3.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Crash

ORIGINAL: telcobilly
Basically, I haul oilfield test equipment consisting of 1-4 Pelican cases and some long poles to perform downhole surveys. My co pays me $790 for a 4x4 vehicle and all fuel. The H3 is a appealing because it will go everywhere I need to get to, haul my gear inside with the seats down and a tarp. Can anyone tell me how long the back area is with the rear seats down and front seats slid forward?
Long enough to sleep in if you have to... It's about 6ft.. Maybe a shade over, but the back seats don't fold flat.. They are about 6 inches higher folded than the rear area.. Your Pelicansmay evenfit in the back with the seats UP no problem.. For those long poles.. Get a couple of sections of PVC pipe the right lengthsand mount 'em to the roof rails.. Slide the "work" poles into 'em and screw the caps on...
Well I ended up with a new, demo H3 yesterday! Here's the info with pic's in the new members area:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_64025..._/tm.htm#64025

Thanks everyone for your input, I had already driven the JK 4dr and I wanted a Rubicon, but there aren't any available, so I checked out the H3. I'm glad I did as it is a really cool vehicle with all of the offroad capabililty a regular person would need. I owned 3 Jeeps previously (two CJ7's and a TJ) so I was partial to them, but I can appreciate good engineering when I see it, so I'm real happy. I guess I'm going to hang out here and learn all I can..

Old 05-14-2007, 11:59 AM

so you wanted this?

Both are great trucks...but my JK (stole it from my brother) will replace the h3 someday