PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bull Bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_T
That looks sweet! How did u fabricate that or where did u get it? Do you have any extra pics or a close-up?
Its just 1.5 inch pipe welded to two plates that fit behind the two hooks.

This is the closest picture I have. Dont know why I didn't use it first.

Name:  4f6a68d3.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  65.4 KB

Old 10-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned
Default love that RED!

talk about the lites huh?? nice

Old 10-15-2010, 09:14 AM

i would just go and replace the whole bumper with a guard instead of getting a bull bar. Bull bars are only for looks, and are not that strong. I have heard from several people that they rust out fast. But if you want one go ahead. but remember, THEY ARE FOR SHOW ONLY lol

Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

IMHO the OEM BGs are faux with their two plastic upright covers. Tap anything on one of those, and toast.

Good luck.
This is a picture of my OEM brushguard that made solid impact with the rear bumper of an Explorer. There are 2 impact points about even with the fog lights. My OEM BG does not have plastic upright covers, not saying other OEM's don't, and for sure saved me some $$$ by protecting the plastic pieces on the front end of the vehicle. Initially, I did not have high expectations from this BG, but I am definitely pleased with its performance.

Attached Thumbnails Bull Bars-img01040-20101015-0812.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Default Westin Bull Bar

I have the Westin Bull Bar...yes, it is for looks only, and you do lose the tow hooks...but I've had my H3 for 2 years now and haven't seriously wheeled it...I don't think I ever will as there is no place nearby that I know of. On the plus side, I do like the looks, and I liked that the PIAA lights pretty much line up with the fog lights. That's blue Lamin-x on the fogs...I also have yellow lamin-x for the fogs but can't decide which I like better.

Attached Thumbnails Bull Bars-img_0181.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bocho96
I have the Westin Bull Bar...yes, it is for looks only, and you do lose the tow hooks...but I've had my H3 for 2 years now and haven't seriously wheeled it...I don't think I ever will as there is no place nearby that I know of. On the plus side, I do like the looks, and I liked that the PIAA lights pretty much line up with the fog lights. That's blue Lamin-x on the fogs...I also have yellow lamin-x for the fogs but can't decide which I like better.
Wow I really like the looks of the black bull bar. I havent seen any with it on so i wasnt sure what it would look like.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 PM

all great ideas in my opinion

Old 10-20-2010, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bocho96
That looks badass! Did you lose any ground clearance up front with the bull bar? On some vehicles it gives the appearance that it does even though it has the skid plate to help with that, but I can't tell on yours.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:29 AM

Thanks MrT.

No, I don't think there is any ground clearance loss. I still need to level and get some 35's...someday when money permits..

Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 AM

If you're worried about ground clearance of a bull bar, you are really concerned with approach angle. If the bull bar sticks out like it looks like it does, it may reduce the approach angle.

If you are concerned about these things, then you must be planning to go off-road with the H3.
If you go off-road, you DO NOT want to give up the front shackles !!!

Quick Reply: Bull Bars