PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bull Bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Default Bull Bars

Do any of you have a Bull Bar instead of a brush guard?

What do you guys think about them? I actually think they look pretty sweet on the H3. I'm not really sold on the factory style H3 brush guard and wouldn't shell out $1k for one that I really like. lol

Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM

I like the Bull Bars too, but what made me decide against getting one was that you lose your front tow hooks. Believe me....I looked....there are none out there that let you keep your hooks functional.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_T
Do any of you have a Bull Bar instead of a brush guard?

What do you guys think about them? I actually think they look pretty sweet on the H3. I'm not really sold on the factory style H3 brush guard and wouldn't shell out $1k for one that I really like. lol
There are a lot of aftermarket brushguards in the $200 to $300 dollar range, and many of them are better than the OEM in my opinion.

I have a Steelcraft. Got it new off ebay for $299.00 shipped about 6 months ago. It is solid & well made and protects the corners of the grill better than the OEM design.

As stated above there are no known Bull Bars that allow keeping the factory tow hooks. That is enough for me to dislike them. I wouldn't give up the tow hooks for anything.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I am not a fan of Bull Bars ... the D rings are a must.

IMHO the OEM BGs are faux with their two plastic upright covers. Tap anything on one of those, and toast.

I agree there are many good aftermarket BGs available. Look for the one piece designs.

Good luck.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
I like the Bull Bars too, but what made me decide against getting one was that you lose your front tow hooks. Believe me....I looked....there are none out there that let you keep your hooks functional.
Yeah I kind of figured that after looking at a few designs. I'm mostly going for look anywayause I don't do much offroading, but it sure would suck to get stuck and not have the tow hooks if needed. I'll weigh out my options.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:16 PM

So are bull bars pretty much universal or do they have to make them specific for different makes/models? They seem fairly universal, but I'm guessing they aren't?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_T
So are bull bars pretty much universal or do they have to make them specific for different makes/models? They seem fairly universal, but I'm guessing they aren't?
They are not universal, they are different for each make/model.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 AM

Mine is homebrew, but something between a bull bar and a brushguard. I think the lights match up nicely with the rest of the truck.

Name:  05c585b9.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  61.1 KB

Old 10-14-2010, 03:07 PM

That looks sweet! How did u fabricate that or where did u get it? Do you have any extra pics or a close-up?

Old 10-14-2010, 06:27 PM

Just found this while looking for something else.

http://www.stallioncustoms.com/508600.html

Quick Reply: Bull Bars