PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bu Bye H3X

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Default RE: Bu Bye H3X

I had a '99 vette vert last year and other that the power/speed, I really enjoy the H3 more. I was constantly worried about rock chips and scraping the nose/rocker panels or putting miles on it. I'm ENJOYING this vehicle. Not to say I wouldn't every get another vette, but it would be in addition to my H3..

Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 AM

I gotta chime in. I'm all for picking on non-H3s, calling Asian cars rice burners, etc. but I do hesitate at terms like "Jap Crap". While this is all in fun it takin a derogatory name for Japanese, (yes, "Jap" is like saying n****r, w*p, sp*c etc) crosses the line. Let's pick on the cars, the bad decisions, etc. but leave the derogatory names out of it. That's my 2 cents.

That said, you're gonna miss your H3x!!!
[/align]

Old 10-03-2007, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: TexH3
However, I took the comments to be in jest, designed to evoke laughter and typical forum banter.
Good point- I tend to be a bit edgy in the morn and perhaps read into some of the comments too far.
However- I know from my past involvement on numerous auto forums that, more often than not, comments seemingly made "in jest" are in fact genuinebeliefs disguisedas light-hearted banter.
Doc Olds- Wow man, I thought I could rant. I'm not even sure where to begin in terms of a response to that, so I'll do us all a favor and keep it short and sweet.
You bring up several valid points, if a bit haphazardly, and I am certainly not disagreeing with those points. But, it is still a free world (for most of us), even if the way it's structured currently is a bit f*cked up. Unfortunately, most people will not be using, as an auto buying criteria (or even be aware of),the points you're making. Clueless? Ignorant? Maybe. But even as you said, people are going to buy what they want to buy,and largely based on many factors that are more "practical" to them.
Just to answer you're questions quickly. No, I am not 100% happy with the current ecomomy, but I would say that a very, very, small % of blame for that can be placed on the state of the auto industry. As far as my property values? I'm lucky in that I'm not really affected by the current state of residential property values. I got in a great property for a great price at the right time, and even with the real estate balloon losing some air recently, I'm still in a good place. Besides, I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, and the market will eventually come around, as it always does.
Economy flucuates, that is a given. But I honestly don't know thatthere's any substantial negative effect on the economy that can be attributed specifically to the # of US citizens buying japanese autos.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Fair enough Brudda! Fair enough and understood. Thanks for puting up with my rant!!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM

I am glad everybody has tossed in their .02cents. I have no shame in my game fella's and ladies. I am 25 and have a very eclectic taste in my vehicles. I work very hard for my money and like to switch things up. My prior vehicles have always gone from one extreme to another, but that is for me to either smile or frown upon. I can take the verbal beetings and that is totally fine, because at the end of the day, when I hop out of whatever car I drive, I know that the next day will be very fun in it. I have considered a few different cars, and am not dead set YET on the G37, but that is top runner. I have immediate access to the 2008 Corvette downstairs on our showroom floor, and being a Chevy employee could get one hellova deal, but again, I am not Corvette material, yet! I have considered a 2008 BMW 335i Coupe, 2008 Mercedes Benz C350 Sport, 2008 Lexus SC430 and the 2008 Volvo C70 drop top. The G37 combines many great features for the money and the residual on a lease is great too.

My previous rides in order

1999 - 2000: 1988 Volvo 240GL
2000 - 2001: 2000 Oldsmobile Achieva
2001 - 2002: 2002 Mazda Sport Wagon
2002 - 2003: 1997 Chevy S10 Pickup
2003 - 2004: 1998 VW GTi
2004 - 2005: 2004 VW Jetta Turbo
2005 - 2006: 2004 Chrysler Crossfire
2006 - 2007: 2007 Hummer H3X

Old 10-03-2007, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: alrock

I gotta chime in. I'm all for picking on non-H3s, calling Asian cars rice burners, etc. but I do hesitate at terms like "Jap Crap". While this is all in fun it takin a derogatory name for Japanese, (yes, "Jap" is like saying n****r, w*p, sp*c etc) crosses the line. Let's pick on the cars, the bad decisions, etc. but leave the derogatory names out of it. That's my 2 cents.

That said, you're gonna miss your H3x!!!
[/align]
You should ask an Americansoldier what they call them. I also disagree that Jap is like Ni**er. Jap is slang for Japanese and no worst than calling me a Yank.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:51 AM

Kudos to you for going for it. I'm 43 and on my 52nd vehicle. I've switched back and forth from sports car to truck/suv alot up into my mid 30's. But since then have always been more of a SUV kind of guy. Maybe it just more pratical for me and the family. However 2 nights ago we were looking at buying the wife a Armada and saw a 350z sitting in the corner and it started to make our gears to turn. We almost talked ourselves into buying the Z. But for us we just cannot justify it.

But we are discussing buying a sports car as a toy vehicle, but she looked at my chopper and said if we sell that we can get the sports car. My reply was, "well, I guess we're not getting a sports car".

You're picking a nice ride. Enjoy it and don't forget us....

pgaduane

Old 10-03-2007, 11:58 AM

Here's my toy. Yup, American made !1972 Corvette roadster. It's doubled in value since I've owned it.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Fair enough Brudda! Fair enough and understood. Thanks for puting up with my rant!!
No worries. Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate, as long as it remains respectful.
I always attempt to remain respectful of others and their opinions, even if they are full of sh*t. j/k

RefiGuy- go for the vette man! I've got an '06Z and it's one of the most gratifying driving experiences one should be allowed. Yes, the Infinity (as well as Lexus', Acuras, etc.) is a bit more refined, but who needs that when you can have pure brut force. Plus, it's american brut force, so you'lll be making all of the "anti-foreign make" people happy. Everybody wins.
Seriously, you should get what you want, but the new gen vettes are pretty impressive. And, as you stated, you could get a helluva deal.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM

Here's my toy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3301/6F17C3875B814799AB1A0FEFF390827E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Bu Bye H3X