PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bought Bi-Xenon HID 10000k "Factory Skyline" headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Default Bought Bi-Xenon HID 10000k "Factory Skyline" headlights

I just bought online really powerful, white/blue headlights for my H3! Does anyone else have xenon headlights? If so can you post pictures? I will post my own pictures when they arrive!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 AM

I tried to look up "factory skyline" bi-xenon and couldn't find a link
I am curious about these bi-xenon headlights
could you post the link ?
I have the STARR system

Attached Thumbnails Bought Bi-Xenon HID 10000k "Factory Skyline" headlights-hid-.jpg  

Last edited by wfturner; 09-07-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:00 PM

Hi wfturner,

Here's the link to the headlights I bought: http://www.carid.com/product.php?pro...t=82277&page=1

The "Factory Skyline" refers to the colour output. The reason why I chose this is because I talked to an online chat sales person on that website, and he was saying how he had Factory Skyline. He said that it's the best looking colour since it's as white as possible, but also very blue (without being too blue which I believe one of the other options, "infinite blue" is too blue). The guy said that Factory Skyline is what comes in mercedes and lexus.

Still waiting for them to arrive!

Im not really sure what bi-xenon means, I think it just means that the highbeems are also xenon.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:06 PM

I hope you realize that these lights are a retro kit, that uses your stock halogen headlight housings and that the light pattern output will cause considerable dazzle and blind on coming traffic. cops are pretty hip to this and can stop you.
That is the reason they are inexpensive and illegal, you may already know this information tho.
Good luck
bi-xenon means low and high beam

Old 09-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Are you sure about this? I dont think it uses anything to do with the stock headlights, but actually I dont really know anything about this so you may be right.. Ill let you know.

These lights are DOT compliant and are not illegal.

Ill let you know how they turn out!

Old 09-13-2009, 01:48 PM

No HID "kits" are legal.
The only HID "system" out today is from STARR; http://www.starrhid.com/
HID bulbs produce enormous amounts of light and to be legal, they require their own housings, to control cut off of the light pattern. DOT approves such lights systems after they have been tested.
The "kit" your referring to is a "retro kit" and uses the stock halogen headlight housing. I checked out their web site.

The STARR system is a true HID projection system (not refractive) and uses a lens to project the light and a internal metal shield to offer appropriate sharp cutoff for light control.
Quite honestly, you get what you pay for, the STARR system is about $900.00 for the H3 and is sold by Teaka Toys and other suppliers for the H3
Attached is one of many articles you can Google on this subject.
Some retailers can be fined up to $10,000.00 per kit sold
Each area of the country has laws they are strict about and others they aren't.
But at night any cop will see you coming with your HID's in his face

Check out the two attachments

Attached Thumbnails Bought Bi-Xenon HID 10000k "Factory Skyline" headlights-hid-kits.jpg   Bought Bi-Xenon HID 10000k "Factory Skyline" headlights-starr-system.jpg  

Last edited by wfturner; 09-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 PM

Wow,

I really should have done more research when buying these. I totally understand when you say "you get what you pay for", but ironically I had this in mind when buying, thinking that the total bill of $240 (Canadian, I live in Canada) was quite a lot (at least over the $70 "immitation HID" lights I bought last year). I really thought this would be very high quality/top of the line.

When you mean stock headlight housing, do you mean the actual... glass headlight? So the STARR kit comes with all new actual headlights (not just bulbs?).

I wish I had posted here first asking for recommendations.... It's really not my intention to blind people, I just really want blue/white lights. Maybe I can get a refund once I get them. I will look at STARR's website and check it out.

Thanks for your help.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM

YES, the STARR HID light system comes with the left and right headlight housing
It completely replaces the both stock halogen housings. STARR also makes them in chrome or black housings. I chose the black because of my black grille
It also comes with the two Phillips HID bulbs, two ballasts and the plug and play harness
The Phillips D2S bulbs have ignitors attached.
These bulbs last about 3 years or more. Phillips bulbs are rated as the best made and longest lasting on the market
You can also order different bulbs if you wish, i.e. higher Kelvin temperature, but beware that higher kelvin bulbs put out less lumens than the Phillips 4300 K bulb and they have a slightly shorter life span as well
I have had mine since Dec. 07 and not a lick of trouble.
Check out their web site or e-mail them directly if you have specific questions
Good luck

Last edited by wfturner; 09-13-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Thank wfturner,

Aside from the fact that they are obviously not as high quality as the STARR kit, and the issue of possibly getting a ticket, do you at least think they will LOOK nice? Or have I totally wasted $240?

I know they will be better than what I last bought. I bought halogen bulbs that simply had blue tips on the end of them, this did absolutely nothing to the colour or brightness.

Do you think it'll at least look nice?

Old 09-13-2009, 08:02 PM

If they work as I expect, they will be incredibly bright
You will find, from the drivers seat just how much light HID's put out
Trust me, allot of people coming the other way will be blinking back at you, thinking you have your high beams on.

Quick Reply: Bought Bi-Xenon HID 10000k "Factory Skyline" headlights